• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticker Removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticker Removal.

I have a sticker (from the old owner) on the rear bumper, which is painted. Does anyone know how to remove the sticker without damaging the paint?
    2004 Black FX4

Re: Sticker Removal.

Originally posted by milkthegoat View Post

I have a sticker which is painted.

Does anyone know how to remove the sticker without damaging the paint?
    If it's painted it's not really a sticker is it? It's paint? Not sure I understand, maybe a picture?

If it's paint then check out the tips in this thread,

Painted on "Pin Stripe", how to remove?

Remember, whatever you decide to use, test on your actual car paint first and make sure it's not harming the car paint. If it dulls the original paint you can fix that, the important thing is to find something that will remove/dissolve only the 'sticker paint'

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I am guessing a bumper sticker on a bumper that is painted? Am I right? If so you can sometimes heat the area with a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive. Then use something like goo gone or, believe it or not, WD-40 to remove the residue. Make sure you follow up by cleaning the area and then protecting the area with your favorite wax or sealant.

Andy
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Use a heat gun( but be careful and don't get to close or hold it to long) just long enough to get the surface warm, also can use a hairdryer (same technique) and then get ahold of the sticker and peal off slow and easy. I use plastic razor blades(helps get's what ever your trying to remove from your cars surface without damaging or scratching) to help remove stickers, pin strips and any other decals on a paints surface.

Then you can use Isopropyl alcohol, goo gone or a sticker glue residue remover and apply to a micro-fiber towel and lightly rub over the glue residue to remove.

Now it depends on how long the sticker was on the bumber to the outcome, if it left an imprint/outline of the sticker itself.

Hope I've helped.
        ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
        You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
        Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. Its a bumper sticker, and my bumper is painted.
          2004 Black FX4

Comment

You can also try a hair blow dryer, warm the sticker up and slowly try to peel it off.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The w-d 40 works very well in removing any adhesive left behind. Used this technique a few times.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Hiar dryer to heat up a lil bit, a plastic razor and some 3m adhesive remover. When all gone I would clay the area then apply wax.

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                  The w-d 40 works very well in removing any adhesive left behind. Used this technique a few times.
                  Peanut butter and Margarine work too..It takes time..but it works..The oils in them get under the adhesive and losent it to the point it comes right off

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');