• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exterior Detailing Spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Detailing Spray

What is the use of exterior detailing spray? I ask because I noticed that by wiping down the paint without the spray, I can remove most surface dirt but a lot of times, the spray is not strong enough to remove bird droppings and bugs without having to press hard. I assume I should not have to apply pressure so I just leave those on until I wash the car. So what are the quick detailing sprays for? Thanks.
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Re: Exterior Detailing Spray

One use of the QD sprays is for lubrication when removing light dust, bird droppings, etc. If you drag those things around on the surface dry, you can risk instilling swirls. And leaving bird droppings, etc sit can lead to big etchings. So by spraying them, and dabbing/rubbing, you can more safely remove them. Rather than washing, some people will wipe their car down daily wih a QD and microfiber.

QD sprays also act as lubrication when claying.

Another use would be something like the Ultimate Quick Detailer used after washes for a nice fresh shine.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Without using a qd spray, you are more than likely going to instill a new set of swirls, scratches and make your paint a mess. The qd lift sprays lube the surface to gently lift the light dust, smudges, and fingerprints safely away from the paint. This greatly reduces the chances of swirling, or scratching your paint.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use QD for bird droppings, or any other lil spot on the car. Also use it every other day or so to keep the car clean. QD also good to use while drying the car. Adds a lil lubrication on the towel and reduces spotting.

Comment

Oh I get it now, so it lubricates the wiping and aids in cleaning. Thanks.
          -HealthyCivic
          Check out the glossary

Comment

If you find yourself applying pressure to remove droppings, wipe off what you can get easily. Then hold the sprayer about an inch or two from the surface where the contaminate is, this will saturate the bird droppings. Spray once and move on to another panel after you wipe up any drips.

After a few minutes the QD will soak into the droppings and moisten them thereby loosening them.

However I no longer have that problem, I apply NXT 2.0 about every two weeks to maintane the 'just waxed' look. In doing so my car stays so slick that the simple spraying action of a QD pushes all the bird residue off of my paint. But then again, I generally find the residue less than an hour or so after it happens, so it doesnt have time to dry.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');