• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

next agressive polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next agressive polish

Hello,I just got a 6'' random orbital buffer. I just tried it out on my hood with scratchX as my cleaner polish. I got a real good polished spot with it but it took about 10 or so workings. What would be the next few more agressive polishes to try. The car is black if that helps any. Thank You
    John 3:16

I may be wrong but I think scratch X is intended to be used by hand.
    If you are going to use a da I would go with 83 in the pro. line. With a black car I would probabily follow it with 80 then 7 if you want a super concours look. The 83 should take out the bad spot in one to two passes.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
      I may be wrong but I think scratch X is intended to be used by hand.

You're not wrong and there have been a few that have had varying levels of success trying it with a random orbital polisher but the product was intended to be used by hand.
      *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

Re: next aggressive polish

Originally posted by NVCobra
        Hello,I just got a 6'' random orbital buffer. I just tried it out on my hood with scratchX as my cleaner polish. I got a real good polished spot with it but it took about 10 or so workings. What would be the next few more aggressive polishes to try. The car is black if that helps any. Thank You
        ScratchX is formulated for use by hand only. If you would like to try a more aggressive product by machine, then as Lt1Corvette mentioned, try some #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish.

If you look in the Meguiar's How-To Articles forum, you will find an article on How to locate Meguiar’s Professional & Detailer products in your hometown

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great, thanks for the replies.
          John 3:16

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');