• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Practical Strategy (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Practical Strategy (Part 2)

My wife's daily driver is a 2002 spruce green Taurus sedan. It hides its swirls and scratches pretty well. As recently posted, two weeks ago I went over the car with #83 and finished with two applications of GC. I want now to keep it up, but I'm not going to invest the kind of time and energy into it as I'm willing to invest in my S2000. It's a transportation tool, not an embodiment of my soul. So what should my strategy be? I have found helpful the advice for daily drivers offered by Mosca (Tom?) and Murr 1525 (Matt?). So here is my tentative strategy for our daily driver:

1) Wash every 2-3 weeks.

2) Quik detail spray as needed in between washes.

2) Clay, as needed.

3) Wax with Cleaner Wax every 2-3 months. Switch to ColorX if CW turns out to be inadequate.

How does this sound?

Cheers,
    Al
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: Looking for a Practical Strategy (Part 2)

Your plan sounds perfect and simple which is important because if a plan gets to complicated, especially for a daily driver, then people won't tend to stick with it.

KISS

Keep It Simple Simon

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Looking for a Practical Strategy (Part 2)

I'm always for a cleaner/wax topped with a wax....

But if you dont have the time, then just do your one coat as much as possible and everything will be fine.

Wow... I actualy kind of knew what I was talking about back then....
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');