• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product inbetween Scratch X and #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product inbetween Scratch X and #7

Hi guys

I thought i'd do a test panel of the process I was using. Wash, Clay, Scratch X, #7 and NXT 2.0.

The Scratch X worked wonders! The previous owner thought the car was faded (red turned pink) and oxidation or worse clear coat failure. Think car has been only ever washed and just waxed before sale.

Found out the car 1990 Red MR2 Jspec is actually only a Single Stage. Have nice red foam applicators now.

Just wondering if I should put something like DC1 inbetween the Scratch X and #7 process.

Time is not an issue, have another daily driver for next month and applying by hand.

Cheers

Dan

Re: Product inbetween Scratch X and #7

The ScratchX should leave a swirl free finish.. if it did, then nothing else is needed.

DC#1 would be for a milder cleaning next time, instead of ScratchX.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You should end up with a very nice finish with ScratchX so I think you won't need to use DC1.

If you are applying ScratchX by hand with a terry cloth towel then you can follow with DC1 with a foam pad but if you are using a foam pad with ScratchX then I would say go right ahead to M07

Comment

cheers guys. I used the foam pad so Scratch X left a good finish.

I'm planning on so much time getting it right thought I just better check. I'll keep the DC1 for next time and try maintain the work i've put in.

Hopefully down the track i'll pick up a DA. Must say very impressed by Scratch X. Really wanted to try M105 but couldnt find it anywhere down under. Scratch X seems to be doing the job I need anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');