• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claying question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claying question

first time clayer here..... got my Meg package and notice I have a NXT speed detailer. Can I use that as a lubricant for the clay or should I use something else. Thanks again

Re: Claying question

Yes, I dont see why not.... but I like the results from the regular Quick Detailer better.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Like I replied in your other thread with the same question, it its not a good idea. While it will work, it is almost too slick to use as a clay lube. Plus it is more expensive than Quik Detailer, so using it really doesn't make sense.

Ryan
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I would use the Quik Detailer.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I say Quick detailer as well. Why waste the NXT

Comment

I would use Quick detailer, It worked real good on may 01 Ram.
            WILDFOXSR

Comment

washed, clayed and 2 coats of NXT. Vegas winds for the next 3 days so I can't even take it out of the garage and get the final look of it...... but it feels so much better to the hand.... my wife came into the garage and saw me rubbing my hand up and down and up and down and she thought I lost all my marbles

Comment

I would go for Quik Detailer or Last Touch

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffsford View Post
                  first time clayer here..... got my Meg package and notice I have a NXT speed detailer. Can I use that as a lubricant for the clay or should I use something else. Thanks again
                  Our Smooth Surface Clay kit comes with Quik Detailer for a reason and that's because it's recommended for use as a clay lubricant. Speed Detailer will work in a jam but it's not formulated for or recommended as a clay lubricant.

Save the Speed Detailer for removing light dust, fingerprints and smudges.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');