• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

?? on using M80/83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? on using M80/83

first time using the M80 was @ the last Thurdays night open garage class (Oct2) on my white gmc sierra. my truck had swirls all over and using the M80 w/ a 2.0 cutting pad on half my hood took care of my swirls. since then, i ordered the M80 along w/ M83, M105, D151... the list goes on. my ? is to those that have M80. how often do you use it on your vehicles and is it safe to use it everytime you clay?

Re: ?? on using M80/83

Well if you follow proper washing and drying techniques, you shouldn't need to use it that often.

How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar style!)

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

That said, using #80 on a polishing pad is completely safe to use every couple months.

But if you are doing it often, you could move to a milder cleaner like #9/#82.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
        Well if you follow proper washing and drying techniques, you shouldn't need to use it that often.

How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar style!)

Ryan
        makes sense! i just like the idea of m80 being a cleaner & polisher. just one less step i need to do when doing the 5 step cycle.

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        That said, using #80 on a polishing pad is completely safe to use every couple months.

But if you are doing it often, you could move to a milder cleaner like #9/#82.
        hey thanks all for the quick replies! is this the mildest cleaner/polish? or should i just... clay (when needed)> color x> nxt2.0? thanks again!

Comment

Upon correctioned made, start with proper washing and maintainance. If swirl is back..always start with least aggressive product. M82 (least aggressive) > M80 > M83 and so on.

Ps : why would you u wanna get D151 and M105 at same time ?

Comment

Originally posted by g88 View Post
            Upon correctioned made, start with proper washing and maintainance. If swirl is back..always start with least aggressive product. M82 (least aggressive) > M80 > M83 and so on.

D151 and M105 are two very different products, with two very different uses.

M105 is a fast cutting compound with a cut rating of 12 (top of the chart), where as D151 is an AIO (All-in-one) product that has a medium abrasive and wax in one product.

Comment

Originally posted by g88 View Post

why not? they're totally different products.

EDIT: ^^plus the same reason on what Mark said.^^
              Last edited by gsxr310; Oct 9, 2008, 11:08 PM. Reason: forgot some statements.

Comment

I really do not see a problem using #80 a couple times a year. The main thing is to get your technique down. This way you will not instill any more swirls in the paint. Good luck.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

when I was able to detail my cars and truck on a more regular basis(every 2-3 months) I would use 80 every other detail. Now that my job rules my life I detail everything about every 6 months and use 80 everytime I detail. 80 is my go to polish because it is rich in the same trade secret oils as 7 and it leaves the paint very wet so I can kill 2 birds with one stone. No need to use a dedicated pure polish.

Andrew
                  2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

hey thanks all for the quick replies!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');