• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M135 or UQD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M135 or UQD?

I've been looking into theses products and want toknow if they are the same thing? Sounds like a stupid questino I know. I bought a bottle of the UQD at the store but then I read on the website about M135. They sound like the same product.......Thanks

Re: M135 or UQD?

They are basically the same product but they are sold into and marketed into very distinctly different markets.

The benefit of M135 is you can buy it by the gallon.

Pick the one you want and buy it and then use it and enjoy the results.

There is at least one, if not a dozen threads on this forum with your question, but I'm not sure what you would use as a search term to find them.

Great products, you're going to love the one you choose.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Look through these results, using Google to search meguiarsonline.com.

Like Mike said, way to many threads about it.

Ryan
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. I figured they were the same except UQD is packaged/marketed for at home use whereas M135 is the bulk version more for the business priented detailer. Again thanks.........

Comment

When UQD first came out I bought a spray bottle and after using it a few times I bought 2 gallons of M 135.

I own 7 vehicles and 3 are Black.
          On a Black vehicle NXT 2.0 and maintained with M 135 looks awesome.

When you compare what you pay per ounce in the spray bottle compared to the gallon it make sense to buy the gallon.
          Black Bart

Comment

Buying #135 by the gallon makes so much sense to me. It leaves such a good look.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I agree with Black Bart. Either one, over Nxt 2.0, yields incredible results on a black car. If you do the math, M135 works out to about 1/3 the Wally World UQD price. You'll be very pleased with the results of either one, so why not save some bucks in the process?

Comment

Just to point out that while UQD and M135 are the same product, the spray bottles are different. UQD has a super fine mist where as the M135 sprayer is a bit thicker of a spray.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                  Just to point out that while UQD and M135 are the same product, the spray bottles are different. UQD has a super fine mist where as the M135 sprayer is a bit thicker of a spray.
                  Yea, if your ordering M135, order a Generic OSHA Compliant Bottle and a Standard Sprayer and put the M135 in it. Adjustable spray from stream to a super fine mist.

Ryan

Comment

brings up an intersting question. is UQD made specifically to maintain NXT 2.0. using that combo my paint looks perfect. after a recent polish i applied M21 by DA and am still using UQD after a wash as i did with NXT 2.0 but it doestn look as good.

after the next wash i will be reapplying NXT 2.0!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                      They are basically the same product but they are sold into and marketed into very distinctly different markets.

The benefit of M135 is you can buy it by the gallon.

Pick the one you want and buy it and then use it and enjoy the results.

There is at least one, if not a dozen threads on this forum with your question, but I'm not sure what you would use as a search term to find them.

Great products, you're going to love the one you choose.

if they are "basically" the same what is the difference besides marketing?

Comment

All I can tell, as a user, is a different smell and different packaging. There might be a slight formula change, but Meguiar's wouldn't post that on a public forum, at least not what is different.

Rya

Comment

I didn't bother looking through the forum to read the rules for voicing a proper gripe, but in the otherwise-outstanding quality of Meguiars in many ways, I take issue with their "standard business practice" of creating multiple products with egregiously-overlapping uses, which creates great confusion and frustration on the consumer's end, and leads to such problematic frustration in choosing which supplies to purchase. It's like GMC/Chevy Suburban, Dodge/Chrysler Voyager/Town & Country, or even Jeep with their Liberty/Patriot/Commander/Grand Cherokee all being the same darn thing with subtle "differences" for "different purposes", when we all know it's just a crock, and that business practice is very annoying from a consumer's perspective. It really is. So much so, that he would come to an internet forum (where a large portion of the threads exist because of this exact issue--"I can't tell which product is best because there are 35 different Meguiars products that satisfy the one task I'm trying to do"), post in an old thread, and an improper thread, too. Perhaps something to think about in the future. I haven't come across a product with which I'm dissatisfied, but boy, does this common business practice irk me. And I know some of the reasons behind this...to satisfy different markets or different types of consumers (hobbyists, professionals, shops), and even considering that, this business practice is a joke. Meguiars is better than that. Now...to go with UQD or m135, or D155, or M34, or Speed Detailer, or NXT Spray Wax, or...sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by cardriver View Post
                            Liberty/Patriot/Commander/Grand Cherokee all being the same darn thing with subtle "differences" for "different purposes",
                            Getting way off topic here but I couldnt help but pointing out how wrong that statement is. If you seriously think those are the same Jeeps then I would love to know where you get your knowledge from... Or should I lack there of.. Wait, I bet you take magazines like car&Driver seriously dont you?

The only thing that even shares the same platform is the Commander and Grand Cherokee. Even then they serve completely different purposes and the commander is going to be cut anyway..

Either way, UQD is for Consumers and since Meguiars knows the everyday Consumer is going to want gallons of the stuff they sell it by the bottle. They understand that serious detailers understand what the different lines are and will buy a gallon of 135 is they so please.
                            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by cardriver View Post
                              Now...to go with UQD or m135, or D155, or M34, or Speed Detailer, or NXT Spray Wax, or...sigh.
                              Well,

UQD and M135 are very similar products, they are geared towards different people. It would not make sense for a professional detailer to buy a bottle of UQD if he has to use it everyday on multiple cars. It would be easier to buy the gallon of M135 because its cheaper than buying 6 or 7 bottles of UQD.

M34 is a spray detailer that is body shop safe, as in it can be used without any worries of it affecting the bonding of freshly sprayed paint, and it can be used during the cure time of the paint since you cannot wax fresh paint, you must wait a certain amount of days.

NXT Spray Wax is not a quik detailer and it should be used on a clean vechile. it is kind of like a booster wax and I enjoy using it because it looks like you spent hours and hours detailing your car but it only took 15 minutes to lay down an application of the spray Wax. Even faster now that UQW is out.

Not sure about the issues of the labeling of Jeeps but from what I can tell they are not all the same.

Either way, its nice that Meguiars has different products we can choose from, I dont find it bad at all. I cant think of another company that is as good as Meguiars when it comes to product selection.

Does that help?
                              Nick
                              Tucker's Detailing Services
                              815-954-0773
                              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');