• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brinkmann Halogen light usuage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brinkmann Halogen light usuage

Today I tried out my new Brinkmann Halogen 1 million candlepower light as I worked on removing some swirls from the hood of my Avalanche. The Brinkmann was definitely a help in locating swirls but I did not feel comfortable in knowing how best to use this tool, that is, how to hold the light. For example, how far should this tool be held away from the spot that you are working on? Does the paint color have any bearing on how the light should be held? Does metallic paint have any bearing on how the light should be held? In my case with dark blue metallic paint I seemed to get the best results if I held the light at a 45 degree angle. Would anyone be able to share from their experience the most effective way(s) to shine the light to expose them irritating swirls? Thanks!

Re: Brinkmann Halogen light usuage

Originally posted by hipocket View Post

For example, how far should this tool be held away from the spot that you are working on?
    About a foot and a half... you don't want it too close...

Does the paint color have any bearing on how the light should be held?
    Only in that it's easier to see swirls on dark colors and you have to focus more on the surface to see swirls on lighter colors or light metallics.

Does metallic paint have any bearing on how the light should be held?
    See above...

In my case with dark blue metallic paint I seemed to get the best results if I held the light at a 45 degree angle.
    If that works best for you and the light isn't too closs... you're in the zone!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');