• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should i polish this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should i polish this

How should i polish those exhausts?? They are from a Ferrari and the owner want to polish them and store them

I AM HERE TO LEARN

Re: How should i polish this

However you can!

Seriously, is that stainless steel or chrome?

Looks kind of like both?

What do you have for metal polishes?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      However you can!

Seriously, is that stainless steel or chrome?

Looks kind of like both?

What do you have for metal polishes?

I have no idea what it is to be honest....They owner polished them on the past by hand with Autoglym metal polish but he want me to do it now for him...I have only Mother's metal polish and Meg's Chrome polish....I have some cotton pads for a driller and a power ball too...
      I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by pampos View Post
        I have only Mother's metal polish and Meg's Chrome polish....I have some cotton pads for a driller and a power ball too...
        Do a Test Spot with the Mother's product.

Chrome polishes should only be used on Chrome, most other metal polishes, that is metal polishes for actual metal should be safe on either Chrome or Stainless Steel. (Chrome is a thin coating, Stainless Steel is an actual metal)

If they are stainless you might want to invest in some stainless specific polishes because stainless steel is very hard.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          Do a Test Spot with the Mother's product.

Chrome polishes should only be used on Chrome, most other metal polishes, that is metal polishes for actual metal should be safe on either Chrome or Stainless Steel. (Chrome is a thin coating, Stainless Steel is an actual metal)

If they are stainless you might want to invest in some stainless specific polishes because stainless steel is very hard.

Thanks Mike...I think i can find some NXT metal polish on local market....Will it help??Also is it better to use the metal polish by hand,or bu a drill...???
          I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

I have used Nxt Metal Polysh and the Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum on my exhaust with no problems.

I tend to clean them with a gentle wheel cleaner and clayfirst also, then polish.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              I have used Nxt Metal Polysh and the Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum on my exhaust with no problems.

I tend to clean them with a gentle wheel cleaner and clayfirst also, then polish.
              Thanks mate...Is it OK to use the cotton wheel pads on a drill??
              I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

I've only worked by hand using terry cloth.

Its not flimsy metal... you can always go slow with the drill, at least on the piping.

The muffler and the tips will be easy. It is the piping running between them that will be difficult to get a lot of shine on, maybe even to clean up much.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  I've only worked by hand using terry cloth.

Its not flimsy metal... you can always go slow with the drill, at least on the piping.

The muffler and the tips will be easy. It is the piping running between them that will be difficult to get a lot of shine on, maybe even to clean up much.
                  Thanks mate...I will try tomorrow to see what i will do
                  I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Yeah try tha metal polish like mike said

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');