• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

01 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR - Hi Tech Yellow Wax HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 01 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR - Hi Tech Yellow Wax HELP

No matter how thick you put a paste on (liquid too), only a certain layer will stay on. The key is a thin EVEN coat. This is why I like using the PC/G110/G100 to apply my waxes with. I simply use a 5.25 inche finishing pad. I take in my hand and rub it across the wax until it's coated. I place it on the machine and use a low speed so that the heat will not try out the wax (flash) but keep it moist. I'm telling you that why I put wax on, you almost have to look at the paint at an angle to see it there. Make sure to read the directions on the product you're using. Wax on/wax off means do NOT let it dry. Apply on one panel only and then remove as soon as you're done. Let dry means let dry. Do the whole vehicle and the let it sit. Start removing at the spot you first applied. I use 2-3 towels per vehicle for removal. A clean towel removes wax faster!

Finally, conditions will take all of this and through it into the wind. Sun, heat, paint color, humidity are some of the factors that will mess with you. Even the condition of the paint will.

Hope any of this helps. I've learned all this the hard way so you don't have too!
    www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

managed to get the rest of the wax off with the help of Meg Quick , but it was still hard

yeah i might have applied it a bit much on some area and this is my first time using a paste normally ive been using Next Gen liquid which im going to use from now on lol :P

Comment

I always have the same problem with my nxt paste wax I always end up putting too much product and again veryyyyy hard to remove + nice finish haha

Comment

Oh thanks for the positive comments bout the car guys

Here some more from today
          Last edited by Markus Kleis; Oct 24, 2008, 10:00 PM. Reason: Links were all broken

Comment

Forget complaining that you don't get M26 liquid, you have a R34 GTR! Beautiful car!

Comment

Your car is awesome. That is one of my most favorite cars ever made .
              Alex
              1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
              1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
              1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Comment

I realize that I am getting into this conversation late, but this is an R34 GTR (and hidden R32)!

Amazing car, You are so unbelievably lucky!
                I never see them, not to mention detailing them-

Your American brothers/sisters are jealous

-Nick
                Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Nice ride! I hope your wax removal issue has been resolved.
                  Rick McDonough
                  Customer Engagement - Digital Content Editor
                  Meguiar's Inc.
                  1.800.854.8073 * 3853
                  rmcdonough@meguiars.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');