• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is mopping you car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is mopping you car

Hi all!
    I have an 89 Corvette and it has sever sun damage. It is rough, faded and seems to me like it is through the clear coat. People have talked about mopping a car....What is it and what do I use. Also does ScratchX and a buffer take care it? All the help you can give is appreciated.

Taylor

Re: What is mopping you car

First off Welcome to Meguiars Online! I would clay your car. Clay will remove the bonded contaminants that can make your paint rough. Since you live in California I think you can go to Kragen or another auto type store and buy Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit, its about $15-20. I comes with clay, the lube Quik Detailer and a Microfiber towel and a sample of wax. It is a great deal, that was my first meguiars product and fell in love with Meguiars.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Can you post a picture of it so we can see what the damage is.
      I have a 89 Corvette the one in my avatar and I love it.
      Black Bart

Comment

mopping may be referring to using a wool pad (looks like a mop i guess) to remove swirls. This is dozens of times more aggressive than scratchX. If your clearcoat is truely damaged, then a repaint is the only option. Hopefully someone can chime in with a link to the clear coat failure thread so you can know for certain. Mike (our head cheese) will likely be around in a minute. This are the fastest response forums you will ever see!

Comment

Originally posted by tgriffith009 View Post

I have an 89 Corvette and it has sever sun damage. It is rough, faded and seems to me like it is through the clear coat.
          Click the link below and check to see if the paint on your Corvette looks like anything you see in the pictures.

The Clearcoat Failure Photo Archive

If so, you have clear coat failure and NO product you pour out of a bottle will fix it, the only honest fix will be to have the Corvette repainted.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');