• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Hi-Tech yellow Wax #26 ... what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Hi-Tech yellow Wax #26 ... what do you think?

I just got finished detailing my truck and was quite impressed with the results after using Meg's Speed Glaze #80. I then used my std polish "Astroshield" but was disappointed because of all the residual dust that was left over.

I went to the local store to pick up some Stoner's to clean some glass and came across so Meguiar's Professional Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26 and bought a bottle ... based upon my experience with #80.

I am looking for something that goes on easily, protects for a long time (4 to 6 months), does not "dust: a lot and removes easily. I picked up the #26 because it was available and did not have to wait a LONG time to receive it.

Is this a good choice (like #80) or should I instead look at the NXT series?

Thanks ...

Re: Meguiar's Hi-Tech yellow Wax #26 ... what do you think?

Just to give you perspective on the whole 'how long it lasts' thing, I have had the exact same car, using the exact same wax, while maintaining it exactly the same and yet have it last 2 weeks, and also 2 months. The difference was only a matter of where I parked the car as there is no rain to come into play with this scenario.

I would highly recommend M26 though as it is one of the easiest waxes I have ever used and defiantly provides fantastic protection. NXT will, however, provide greater protection and should last longer in comparison.

All I can say is try it and let us know how you like it! Do some side by side comparisons if you really want to get into it. I did this, and while I may hop from one wax to another, I now stay in the Meguiar's family after trying many of the 'highly aclaimed exotic waxes' that other forums regard so highly.

Comment

Prior to NXT, #26 was my go to wax. Excellent wax and will give great results!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

And...it dries clear

Great stuff, I use it along with NXT, M21, M16 and GC My wife puts up with me
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

My favorites are #21, #26 and NXT. #21 and NXT seem to last longer, but there's just something about #26 on black paint. They're all great products.
          2013 Highlander - black
          2010 TL - black

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');