• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get rid of pollen stains in white paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rid of pollen stains in white paint?

Living here in OZ i found a new problem, the yellow wattle trees and bottle brush plants, gum trees, seem to stain the white cars bad. the yellow pollen is used for paint dye by the native people in the past times, so its a tough one.
    I used the new m105 with buffer on it and it still struggled bad on it. nothing seems to take it off easy. even on a car with lots of NXT 2 wax on it stains bad

any ideas?

if not I found something 3M /Megs can test .. a white car with yellow wattle pollen on it..lol
    you would swear it is baked into the paint even if its fresh

I tell you this is a new product test ground for sure, HEAT,RED SAND,SALT,BIRDS,PLANTS,UV AND RADICAL WEATHER...LOL

Re: How to get rid of pollen stains in white paint?

Wow, if the M105 isn't taking it out that means it is deep down in the paint.

Have you tried any cleaner waxes? Maybe a solvent/cleaner will break it up?

The Deep Crystal cleaner wax is probably the easiest one to find.

Let's see if Mike Phillips can chime in with some true expert advice

Comment

I'd try clay bar.

Comment

clay
        '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
        '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

To remove a stain you remove the portion of paint that is stained. If M105 isn't removing enough paint to remove the stained portion that's not a very good sign.

Try applying M105, you can exert more pressure to a small area with your fingers than you can with a buffing pad on a machine.

In Popular Tags, click on the exert words...

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/tags.php

Popular Tags is a box of words that are tagged to threads, it can be found in the 3rd column of the forum homepage and you can click on any of the words in the Popular Tags box to go to tagged threads of your topic of interest.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

tried clay, both types, tried a cleaner wax. tried wax and grease remover.. bug juice remover. lol
            the only thing to take it off was a lot buffing by hand with m105, thats a bit scary!!!. its wild how bad it stains. even on a car with 3 coats of NXT2 on it?
            seems to be a problem on any model of cars here, even colored ones but on white it looks really bad. and the gum tree is like glue to windows and moldings

thanks for all the help !!!
            Last edited by grafxworld; Nov 11, 2008, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grafxworld View Post
              even on a car with 3 coats of NXT2 on it?
              Remember, wax is only a sacrificial barrier, if the contaminant is harsh enough to damage clear coat it will break the coat of wax.

Glad you have a layer of wax on the car, how would it be if you didn't have any protection at all?

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');