• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a G220

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a G220

Hi everyone, I would like to buy a G110 or the G220, but please somebody can confirm me that the difference is the voltage??
    I live in Argentina and here it's impossible to get it, also I want to buy the pads(the backing plate should come with the tool right?)
    So if anybody can help me saying who should I contact or where to but it, it would be great!
    By the way, I've contact meguiars and they do not ship internationally

Re: Looking for a G110

Hi,

The backing plate does indeed come with the G110. Have you tried Meguiars International ?

Andy M.
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by zeque View Post
      Hi everyone, I would like to buy a G110 or the G220, but please somebody can confirm me that the difference is the voltage??
      G110 = 110 Volts
      G220 = 220 Volts

Have you checked out this link for a potential resource for ordering products?

Meguiar's International

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, I've sent an email to Brazil as it's very close to Argentina, I will let you know if they can ship to here... I hope so

Comment

Guys there is no answer from Brazil, so I wonder if I get a Rotary Buffer and the backing plate and pad from Meguiars branch, can I use the Scratch X with this machine? or it just apply to meguiars tool?
          I hope you can understand what I mean, thanks and bye

Comment

Guys there is no answer from Brazil, so I wonder if I get a Rotary Buffer and the backing plate and pad from Meguiar's branch, can I use the Scratch X with this machine? or it just apply to Meguiar's tool?
            I hope you can understand what I mean, thanks and bye
            If you are new to machine buffing you're going to be a lot better off investing a little more effort into getting a G220 instead of rotary buffer.

Using a rotary buffer over an ENTIRE car is a huge job and in most cases you have to go around the car 2-3 times for the complete job.

If you like, I can copy and paste multiple threads from our Hot Topics forum that discuss what's involved with learning how to use the rotary buffer because it's more complicated that it looks and more complicated than most people new to machine buffing understand.

Try contacting the Brazil Meguiar's again, put some effort into contacting them and finding out if you can get a G220 from them. Our Meguiar's distributors are very professional and should reply to your e-mails.

Their website seems to be loading very slowly at least for me, but here's the link to the English "Contact Us" page on their site.

http://www.meguiars.com.br/index.php?_room=10

Off-hand I don't know if they stock and sell the G220, hopefully they will locate your inquiry and reply to you and let you know.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Looking for a G220

Well I got an answer, they do not ship internationally, but also they told me that my country(Argentina) it will have an oficial Meguiar's distributor for 2009

Now, wanted to know if the Scratch X(no the 2.0) can be applied with rotary or only with the meguiars machine? thanks

Comment

Now, wanted to know if the Scratch X(no the 2.0) can be applied with rotary or only with the meguiars machine? thanks
                No

No version of ScratchX is formulated for use with a rotary buffer. If you're working with a rotary buffer you need to look into our Professional Line, both our Professional Body Shop Line and our Detailer Line.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi again guys, I'm still talking with differents sellers to get the G220.
                  I want you to see if this DA will remove my swirls on my black car, here I left you some pictures and tell me what product do you recommend thanks!

Comment

Those look like they are very light or shallow....

Which product will work best depends upon a lot of things, that's why you'll want to do a test spot with a couple of different products to see what it takes.

M80 Speed Glaze is real popular because it's a fairly wet product which gives it a long play time or buffing cycle and that's helpful when you're first starting out.

ScratchX may also work and it's easy to find in most stores so you might try to start by getting some ScratchX and some M80 Speed Glaze.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');