• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between ScratchX and Mirror Glaze Professional Swirl Remover 2.0 number 9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Difference between ScratchX and Mirror Glaze Professional Swirl Remover 2.0 numbe

Just reporting back with some results. To tell you the truth, I've been skeptical anything could take out swirls. My old 88 4x4 is in need of a paint job and has lots of swirls gained over the years so that was my test project.

Washed it up, and got out my new Porter Cable, put an orange Lake Country pad on. Put a bead of Swirl Remover #9 around the edge, "kissed" it around a 18" square area, and worked it in slowly in different directions ala your Vette DVD. To be honest it didn't feel like it was doing a thing. It was getting dark and I couldn't tell by looking. So I repeated a couple more times. Finally put everything away for the night.

This morning went out to have a look. Man, the swirls are gone in that area. There are no scratches or swirls made by the buffing process at all.

Holy cow! I've stressed over the years so much over the ugly swirl marks in my beloved machines. If only I'd know about this 20 years ago. Today I do my white car, which also has swirls from the way I've washed it over the last couple years. Will try manually too. No better Christmas present than a great looking car. Then maybe I'll have the confidence to try my bike.

Thanks Mike.

Comment

Re: Difference between ScratchX and Mirror Glaze Professional Swirl Remover 2.0 numbe

River, aren't these guys the best!! They stick with you all the way and really know their stuff. It's fun getting great results from great products.
      Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
        River, aren't these guys the best!! They stick with you all the way and really know their stuff. It's fun getting great results from great products.

Definitely. When you love your machine, being able to make it look right is more important than breathing. Almost.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');