• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouTube Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube Videos

I know we are not supposed to bash according to the forum rules. But I would like to say after watching many YouTube videos on auto detailing it is clear to me who knows what they are saying. This video was ok, but she made several mistakes which absolutely made me angry. After she waxed she said that it gets smeary, but goes away after a few days. The wax wasn't bonded to the paint was her problem. I am only posting this because think of all the people who watch this video and go and do it the wrong way. Here is a link if you guys want to watch it.
    Allison Sheridan of the NosillaCast podcast demonstrates her technique for claying and waxing her cars. I know, it has nothing to do with the Macintosh, but...
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Re: YouTube Videos

YouTube is a place where anybody can post anything. The fact that there will be misleading information is part of that. That's why people need to do a little research to see who knows what they are talking about.

For example, I watch videos and learn from Meguiar's, not Allison. And that doesn't mean that other people can't be helpful. It just means you need to check the information with a qualified source.
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Comment

Very weird. Trying not to be to negative. In sunlight, do a section a week. Don't woory so much about the sides. Wax smears. Oh boy.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I woudn't let her wax my car thats for sure!!

Comment

she seemed a nice enough lady however i would not even let her look at my wagon.
          when she dropped the round wad of clay she was using on the ground and knocked a couple of the big rocks stuck to it off, i was cringing that she was going to drag it down the hood again.
          at least i can say it looks like she tries.
          '06 Brilliant Black Pearl Magnum R/T AWD
          '95 Super Black Nissan 240 SX/SE Edition

Comment

Gosh.... she dropped that clay then used it...
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Good God...

Comment

Eeeeekkk
                Learning new things everyday

Comment

I couldn't get past the part where she brushed the clay off after dropping it. I had the same reaction as hearing fingernails scratched across a chalk blackboard.
                  Heatgain (Gary)
                  The Irate Magistrate
                  Neutral & Detached

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
                    I know we are not supposed to bash according to the forum rules.
                    Thanks for pointing this out in the first part of your post.

Sometimes there's a thin line between discussing and bashing and we need to recognize these boundaries and stay inside them.

Here's a polite reminder to take a moment to re-read your post before you post it when discussing other people and just do your best to make sure that what your about to post doesn't break the Golden Rule to treat others as you would have them treat you, and to take the sage advice of our friend Thumper from Bambie and that's

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

So discuss technique and but avoid critiquing the people involved on a personal level. That can be hard to do without well-intentioned effort on each person's part.

Maybe someday the people in some of these videos will discover MOL and we want them feel welcome and we want them to find this a place where they can find sound information that will help them to improve their technique.

Thank you!

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well, at least she is using Meguiar's.........

Seriously though, she really needs to attend some classes before posting on the web. Even with all the negative comments, she still stands behind her work.

luckily it seems that most viewers have seen the error in her ways, and will not be taking her advise.

Comment

Hi,
                        Where can I find detailing videos from Meguiars on the web? I've been finding them for along time and can find only 1 or 2 videos. So, if there's a place I can find, please suggest me.

Thanks

Comment

Here is a link to YouTube, it is to Meguiarsasia. That is where I have found most of the videos I have watched. Enjoy!
                          Joel
                          Firefighter/EMT-B
                          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                          '99 F-150

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');