• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

water problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water problem

i bought a 2000 chevy blazer for a winter truck and i noticed the back wiper would spary out the fluid for the window. so today i took a look and to my findings the little pipe came apart under the rear carpet and its all wet. it smells really bad also. so i took the carpet and pulled it out and then took the padding and put it out to dry and the washer fluid came pooring off it. any idea how to get the smell out? and should i just get new padding?

Re: water problem

If it still smells after its dry then it's probably best just to replace it (should be cheap enough) Trying to get the odor out will probably take more time/effort/materials than it's worth...IMO

Mort

Comment

If its not a lot of padding then spray it will APC while working it in with your hands. Rinse it out very well and try to lay it out so it can drain and dry. If that doesnt work Im not sure what I would do.
      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Meguiar's makes an odor removing product, #23 I believe. I just used it yesterday on an interior that had some "projectile" inside

It is made to actually kill, not just cover the odor.

Comment

Here's the products referenced above,

Car Odor Eliminator

Mirror Glaze Professional Odor Eliminator

The Consumer version can be hard to find but our Customer Care Hotline might be able to help you locate some at the retail level otherwise you'll have to order online.

The Pro version can be found and/or ordered through your local PBE store.

Just to note, while our odor eliminators work really well sometimes there's now 100% absolute cure to an offending odor except to remove the components that have the stain/odor and replace them.

Good luck...

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');