• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UQD then Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UQD then Wax?

Washed my truck yesterday and it's about time for me to apply some wax. Can I wipe the truck down with UQD then apply the wax or is UQD going to prevent the wax from taking to the paint?

Re: UQD then Wax?

The UQD will not prevent a quality wax from sticking to the paint.

Use a clean, quality microfiber polishing cloth to wipe the car clean using UQD and then apply your favorite wax.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

What works well for me is to use Last Touch (or regular QD) in a slightly diluted form prior to waxing. It takes off some of the minor water spots and the like that always seem to be hanging around after I wash. After waxing, and letting it set up for a while, a light application of UQD really makes everything pop.

Mort

Comment

This is my typical steps. After I wash my car, I always use a quick detailer, before putting on a coat of wax.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');