• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acura paint experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acura paint experience

I am planning on doing a full detail of my friend's black 2004 Acura TL soon. He has lots of swirls in the paint. My plan is to use M80 with the G100 as this is my go-to method (after properly prepping, of course).

My question:
    D
    oes anyone with experience on Acura paint have any suggestions on working with it? Any combos of products that have worked for you in the past? I have seen a few threads about Acura paint and wanted to get any info that I can from people with experience with it.

I shoul
    d also note that I also have #83, #7, #9, and Scratch-X.

Re: Acura paint experience

We've had a number of Acura TL's here at Meguiar's Garage for classes and all of the ones that we worked on buffed out real easy.

Might try ScratchX first since you have it and see what kind of results you get, if they're not satisfactory then go to M80

Our new M205 is supposed to be shipping this week, so far no one's found it available yet so it might be next week, hard to tell when launching many new products.

It would be another option if you want to get some of this when ti comes out.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike for the quick reply.

I am looking forward to trying out some of the new M105 and M205 in the future.

Comment

FWIW, #80/NXT 2.0 turned out fantastic for me.

I recently detailed two NHBP Acuras with light - moderate swirls. Using a G110, I first tested ColorX with a polishing pad (8006) and then #80 with another polishing pad. Both products removed most of the swirls, but the ColorX took a little more work/time than the #80. The #80 also seemed to get to more of the moderate swirls than the ColorX. (I didn't try ScratchX because I didn't have the newer DA compatible version and couldn't see myself doing the entire car by hand.)

I've read other opinions on this forum that #80 can sometimes cause a little marring with softer paints, like our Acuras. I personally could not find/see any marring on mine. Just make sure you do a small test area first to see which product works best before doing the entire car.

However, as much as I like #80 (my current go-to), if I were you I'd definitely consider Mike's alternative of waiting to get some M205. Based on his and other experienced pro's and testors' opinions posted on this forum, this stuff might be even better.

Good luck.
        2013 Highlander - black
        2010 TL - black

Comment

I've had issues on my '08 TSX with M80 micro marring, but it has worked very well on my girls '05 RL. I found M66/ColorX to work awesome on my TSX after some advice from Mike.

I also worked on a NHBP TL Type S this summer, but it only required M09.

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Rasky
          Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

my friend's mom's TSX had such horrible swirls I couldnt get rid of them even with 83..... but that was because of what they use to wash the cars..... dish washing sponges!!! the horror!!! and the car was black too.... maybe i'll go get some 105 and have at it again....

Comment

Acura and Honda has easy paint to work with in my opinion.

Unlike some american companies...
              Matt

Comment

#80 works perfectly fine with our car.
                I use #83 just to speed up the process. Follow up with #80, then NXT Tech 2.0 wax yeild perfectly nice shine.
                "Huu duyen thien ly nang tuong ngo,
                Vo duyen doi dien bat tuong phung."

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');