• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing decal sticky residue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing decal sticky residue

I have a work van that we removed some old decals that were made to identify the van. I got all the decal off but there is still a sticky residue. I tried wd40, alcholol and its not working very well. Wondering if someone knows what will get this stuff off the surface. the van is all white.

Thanks
    Wayne

Re: Removing decal sticky residue

Hi Wayne,

Just an FYI I moved this thread into Detailing 101 as the section you posted in is for moderators to move threads into only.

In the future, when in doubt, use Detailing 101

Mark

Comment

Goo Gone, Bug and Tar Remover?
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Definitely try Goo-Gone, you can it at places like Target and I think Lowe's carries it too.

Saturate a piece of terry cloth with it and then use this to apply the Goo-Gone onto the residue. What you need is for the Goo-Gone to dwell on the residue and that's hard because these are likely vertical panels and if you apply too much it will just run off. So dab the Goo-Gone on to small sections at a time and then move onto a new section, after applying to a new section go back to the previous section and apply some more and scrub it a little.

Maybe get a plastic rasor blade to help scrape it off too...

It won't be easy and it won't be fast but it should be do-able.

You can also try Lacquer Thinner and it may work fast but you won't know until you try. Test in an inconspicous are first.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Adhesive remover it's available at any automotive paint store also you my find it at a vinyl sign shop or graphics shop.
          two type are available petroleum base and citrus base both work good lacquer thinner flashes to quickly to the job and as stated before dwell time is the key to removal, as with any task the right tools and products get the best results.
          Randy Lowe Custom Detail Salem, Oregon
          A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');