• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooked #26 in my car. (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooked #26 in my car. (?)

I made the mistake of leaving a can on #26 paste wax in my car, in the hot sun on summer day. It now looks as if the wax is "fuzzy". The product has a couple little clumps on the surface too.

When I used it on my beater/practice car, the wax seemed to behave ok, but left little "balls" of product on the paint.

Do you guys think it's ok? I purchased an extra can (now plastic) to use in the meantime.

Also, I gotta say that this stuff smells great, and produces Amazing results! Thanks!

Re: Cooked #26 in my car. (?)

Hi Drumdan,

Just an FYI the "Hot Topics" sections is for moderators to post or move topics only, so I moved your question into Detailing 101 where it best belongs.

Thanks!

Comment

Wash the car.
      Evaluate the finish, if it's rough to the tough I suggest claying and then you rewax.

When to know if the wax is ready to remove?
      The Swipe Test

Comment

Kinda curious where you live? I assume its in the southern hemisphere or close to the equator since its hot where you live.

Ive never known of high amounts of heat to hurt a wax. Ive heard of people melting their paste wax so they could put it into another container.

Is the surface youre applying it to cool and clean?
        Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
        Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
          Hi Drumdan,

Just an FYI the "Hot Topics" sections is for moderators to post or move topics only, so I moved your question into Detailing 101 where it best belongs.

Thanks!
          Thanks Mark!

Comment

I'm in Michigan, north of Detroit.

No, on the car eveything is ok. The wax itself as it sits in the can was "cooked" and doesn't seem to have the same consistency as it had when I initially purchased it.

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');