• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

winter waxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter waxing

hi guys i want to polish my car so bad but its winter here. it looks like monday its going to be around 36-40 degrees. i was wondering if it would be wise to take my car to the car wash and then polish it outside with cleaner wax? thx in advance guys

Re: winter waxing

Welcome to the site bluecadillac,

Just an FYI the "Hot Topics" section is only for moderators to post, or move topics into. In the future your questions are better placed in Detailing 101.

Thanks!

Mark

Comment

I washed and waxed my car today in 50ish weather today with no problem but had some odd effects like moisture landing on my car, other than that I had no problem.

Comment

A cleaner/wax is certainly a good way to get some wax on the paint in the winter.

Since it is cool/cold, you can also work in the sun, which will help.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If its not that sunny on Monday I would wax in your garage if you have utility lights.
          Otherwise I think it would be fine, just be careful of freezing water on your drive way.
          Joel
          Firefighter/EMT-B
          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
          '99 F-150

Comment

If possible I would wax it out in the sun. I really do not see any problems.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

It was 60 here in Michigan Saturday afternoon. I got to treat my girl's car with some scratchX, and NXT liquid before my gig. It rained when my gig was over, and wow - I never tire of seeing water bead!

Comment

It's 40 degrees here in Boston and after i finish my pizza and this post, i'm gonna give my car a good wash and wax.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');