• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove chalky/overused/hard products:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove chalky/overused/hard products:

This is my first post!

Anyways, I figured I'd make a write up on a simple thing that I like to do when using products that are:
    • Chalky-Leave white residue or flakes on paint after buffing off.
    • Overused-when you accidentally apply too much wax (It happens) and it's quite hard to get off and takes some real UMPH!
    • Hard-products that are, well, just plain hard to get off!
    Now, I'm not saying that all, or ANY of these products come from Meguiars .

In fact, most of these products are NOT Meguiars!

Anyways, on to the how-to.

What you need:
    • Spray Bottle (tip: can be an old cleaned out bottle of detailer spray)
    • Cool Clean Water
    • 2 Microfiber Towels
    • Your wax/polish/paint cleaner that..well..won't come off!
    I'm sure you can see where this is going..after the product has dried onto the surface of your paint, fill your spray bottle with cool clean water with no contaminants or dirt. Mist the cool water over the dried product sparingly, don't get it dripping wet!

Remove the wax/polish/paintcleaner and water with your microfiber towel and voila! The wax should come off quite easily and there should be no chalk residue. After using the first microfiber towel to remove the product and water, use the other one to finally wipe down the product.

Some people have questioned me as to whether this method removes wax and etc. If the wax has completely cured...there will be no problem and it will not remove your wax. Think about it: a carwash with soap and TRYING to remove stuff from your clearcoat doesn't remove the wax:given that you aren't using dawn or something and are using correct soap that won't remove wax. So using plain water will not affect or take off your wax.

Hopes this helps with some of you guys problems and I'm glad to be a part of the meguiars online family!

Re: How to remove chalky/overused/hard products:

Welcome to MOL Cobalt!

Thank you for creating this post, but the "How-To" section is for threads created by the administrator of the site, or for threads like this to later be moved by moderators into that section.

So, for now I moved this into Detailing 101 for open discussion.

Thanks again!

Mark

Comment

Re: How to remove chalky/overused/hard products:

Thanks for the Tips!!
      Welcome to Meguiars Online!!
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment