• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just getting started

Hi, how ya doing
    I've been reading here for the last couple of weeks, so many tips, so much information, now i'm really lost!!!
    I have a old mercedes with newish paint, not the best paint job you've ever seen, it has a clear coat and appears to be metallic-ish, i'd like to say pearl but not really sure, anyway what i need to know is where to start, from what i've read here a claybar would be my first action, what would be the best lubricant for this?
    The paint work isn't to heaverly marked with swirls and scratches although there appears to be a fair bit of overspray, what would be the best product to deal with this problem.
    Lastly, finishing products, paint sealer, wax, again this isn't the best paint work in the west, but it's gonna have to do for now, so any help to maintain this paint until i win the lotto i'd be most grateful for.
    Thanks lads, good luck
    Pete

Re: just getting started

After washing it down

Use your claybar with regular quik detailer, or you can use Last Touch at a 1:1 dilution. Both work very well.

Also claying should help out on the over spray.

For your lsp you could go a number of ways.
    NXT v2.0 is a popular durable wax. Gold class Wax. Or you could use a cleaner wax. I would go with the cleaner wax personally. Since you mention thatthe paint is not the best. Iwould use the cleaner wax after the claying.

Keep us posted on your progress, Good luck.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Welcome to Meguiars Online!!
      Clay Lube Quik Detailer
      You can buy the Smooth Surface Clay Kit and Video
      For wax NXT 2.0 Tech Wax
      Remember when deal with the car's paint only use microfiber towels.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

I would toss something like ColorX inbetween the Clay and Wax. That would give you a relatively quick and easy full detail starting out.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the advice lads, i'll give that a go see how it turns out, thats if i can find the products here, which i'm doubting very much
          Thanks again, good luck
          Pete

Comment

Well, if you cant find ColorX, any of the cleaner/waxes would do.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi lads, how you doing
              Thanks for all the above advice, here's what i ended up doing;
              Washed
              Clayed, i gotta say this is amazing stuff, i was a bit sceptical before i used it but not anymore, i never thought paint could feel so smooth
              Next i intended to use ColorX as suggested above, but i ended up using SwirlX, and it did what it said on the bottle
              Wax, NXT 2.0, this on top of the clayed paint has left a very nice finish
              Well i gotta say i'm impressed with the above products, especially that clay bar, as i said the SwirlX did it's job although i think i could of gone to the next grade of abbrasion, but that was my own fault, just a bit nervous i'd say
              Thanks again lads you were a great help
              Good luck
              Pete

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');