• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel Wells & White Paint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Wells & White Paint.

Well i tried to take the white paint off from the wheel wells but idk
    little Help.And i think its oil base

'06 Honda Civic LX Coupe "Galaxy Gray"

Re: Wheel Wells & White Paint.

Are you sure it is paint and not something else?
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

its paint i guess a truck drop a 5 gallon on the road and it got into the car.

Comment

Looks like someone ran over paint on the road. That paint is made to endure. I can't remember exactly what the solutions are, but if you search for something along the lines of "road paint removal," you should be able to find some threads about it.

Comment

yeahlol. i search but nothing .

Comment

Pick up a can of Westley's Rubberized Under Coating, and spray your wheel wells with it after cleaning them with APC and a scrub brush. This coating will look similar to a bed liner like LineX, and you can treat it with products like Hyper Dressing over and over and it looks great. It really helps to give a clean, uniform look to the wheel wells.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
              Pick up a can of Westley's Rubberized Under Coating, and spray your wheel wells with it after cleaning them with APC and a scrub brush. This coating will look similar to a bed liner like LineX, and you can treat it with products like Hyper Dressing over and over and it looks great. It really helps to give a clean, uniform look to the wheel wells.
              It's best to remove wheels right?

Comment

Originally posted by Steward View Post
                It's best to remove wheels right?
                It would be easier for sure and drape a cloth over anything you don't want to have overspray on.

I thought of doing that myself, just haven't done it yet.....
                Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

ok thanks everyone for the help
                  im going to try it.

Comment

you can also call your county hwy departmemnt they will know how to make up a solution to remove any road paint.

Comment

I've done it enough times that I just go for it...but I used to tape areas off I didn't want to hit.

If you do get accidental over spray it comes off with Bug and Tar remover.

Comment

I think that it is a good idea to call the local authorities to see what they recommend to remove it. It just may clean up real well and you would be finished. This way there would be no worries about overspray,more clean up etc.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

It's CalTrans. They'll probably call CHP to cite you for driving over the line.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                            It's CalTrans. They'll probably call CHP to cite you for driving over the line.
                            About spit out my coffee laughing so hard after reading this because it's probably true....

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
                            you can also call your county hwy department they will know how to make up a solution to remove any road paint.
                            Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                            I think that it is a good idea to call the local authorities to see what they recommend to remove it. It just may clean up real well and you would be finished. This way there would be no worries about overspray,more clean up etc.
                            If anyone does this, please be sure to share the solution to this problem on the forum as we get members who have run into this problem over and over again and we really need to just nail this one down.

Some possible solutions, (no pun intended), are Mineral Spirits or Lacquer Thinner, both of these can be purchased inexpensively at any True Value Home Store, Lowe's or Home Depot in a pint size can to at least test with.

Be sure to test only to a small area and make sure no negative effects take place to the material or coating the paint is stuck onto.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                              This is a good option for some people, for other's it might be better to try to remove the offending paint or contaminant first.

Each person must make this choice on their own as once you apply any kind of coating or liner, if for some reason you decide to remove it then this will become a project unto itself.

A personal example is my Jimmy has brand new front fenders and fender wells with good, clean paint on them, at this time I would prefer to just have the clean paint and not apply a thick coating over them, so if any kind of road paint were to be splattered onto them my first preference would be to remove the offending splattered paint, not coat over it.

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');