• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay Bar Recommendation in Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay Bar Recommendation in Finland

I think this is the right place to post this question...
    I have one BIG problem. My car is quite new and the paint has no scratches/swirls etc., yet. I noticed that the surface, for example on the hood is like sandpaper. There is millions of small microscopic sand particles on the surface/paint that don't come off with only water. I think that if I use water(a lot)+brush I still will get the paint full of scratches/swirls (something I really don't want).
    Simple question, what to do so the surface of the car survives without any damage? Can I use the claybar+spray and be sure it will not make the car/paint look like it's old as hell?

Thank You in advance for Your comments/help/hints, I sure need some help!

Re: Clay Bar Recommendation

Yes, the Smooth Surface Clay kit at WalMart is a great buy for the clay and QD you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic View Post
      Thank You in advance for Your comments/help/hints, I sure need some help!
      No Problem.

Yes, starting with a mild clay and plenty of lubricant (after a wash) is the right thing. If you buy the clay kit, buy an extra bottle of QD. If you are nervous, dont be afraid to use too much lubricant.

Then follow up with a regular detail, like a cleaner, polish, wax x2, or a cleaner/wax, then wax.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

My plan is to use a lot and a bit more spray with the clay, just to be sure.
        I have been using these products for some time now and still very positive about them. If I'll get my car clean and the surface to shine again without making any damage to the paint, I am more then happy about it. Of course I'm a bit nervous, as I said the surface is like sandpaper.

How does this sound:
        Step 1: Clay (Smooth Surface Clay Kit)
        Step 2: Hand Polish M81
        Step 3: Synthetic Sealant 2.0
        Step 4 - > Maintain: M62 + Synthetic Spray Detailer

How does that look, should I add something?

Comment

Re: Clay Bar Recommendation in Finland

Hi Nic,

I moved your questions out of this thread,

Clay Bar Recommendations
          General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

And started your own thread for you.

If your car's paint is really bad like you describe, then use lots of lube, knead your clay often and shrink the size of your work area down. Then when you finish one section, start a new section and overlap a little into the previous section.

If you have to clay extra like you describe then it's highly likely that your paint could also use a good cleaning with a paint cleaner instead of applying a non-abrasive, non-cleaning pure polish like the M81 Hand Polish before waxing.

What do you have or have available in your stores for paint cleaning products?

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Clay Bar Recommendation in Finland

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            Hi Nic,

I moved your questions out of this thread,

Clay Bar Recommendations
            General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

And started your own thread for you.
            Thank you for this!

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            If your car's paint is really bad like you describe, then use lots of lube, knead your clay often and shrink the size of your work area down. Then when you finish one section, start a new section and overlap a little into the previous section.

If you have to clay extra like you describe then it's highly likely that your paint could also use a good cleaning with a paint cleaner instead of applying a non-abrasive, non-cleaning pure polish like the M81 Hand Polish before waxing.

What do you have or have available in your stores for paint cleaning products?

It's true, the paint is that bad. No damage still on it, only the sand particles that has to be removed without making any damage.
            I sure will work with a lot of spray and on very small area just to be sure that nothing happens that I don't want to happen (swirls, scratches etc.).
            I had in mind that the paint could use a bit cleaner as well. Which cleaner should I use to get a good result? If I now use the cleaner after the clay is it still ok do use M81 after this and then finish it with Synthetic Sealant 2.0. For maintaining I'd like to test the Synthetic Spray Detailer because I have never tried it before.
            If I'm not wrong I think I can get almost "everything" for paint cleaning from our stores if I just order...

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');