• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Walls/Letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Walls/Letters

Aight, so I looked and looked and couldn't find anything on here. I'm a mobile detailer and I need a quick and effective way to clean white walls/letters. I tried the Meguiars Professional Super Degreaser but it seems to take too long and extra scrubbing. I use Purple Power cause its quick and brings em out super bright but at the same time I take the chance of it damaging the wheels. Anything quick, effective and safe?

Re: White Walls/Letters

I just scrub with APC, but people I know use that Wesley's Bleach Tire cleaner stuff:
    Matt

Comment

I use Wesley's Bleech White Tire. From what I have seen it works great. I really does bring out the white if there is white lettering. The other cool thing is when you spray it the foam is white, and then it turns brown from all the dirt.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Detail n00b View Post
        Aight, so I looked and looked and couldn't find anything on here. I'm a mobile detailer and I need a quick and effective way to clean white walls/letters. I tried the Meguiars Professional Super Degreaser but it seems to take too long and extra scrubbing. I use Purple Power cause its quick and brings em out super bright but at the same time I take the chance of it damaging the wheels. Anything quick, effective and safe?
        Not sure why it would take longer using Super Degreaser over Purple Power? You apply and use them the same way? Both can clean the tires and RWL. If the RWL are dirty, you will have to scrub them either way to clean them. Use an SOS pad then if you don't want to use a spray on cleaner anymore (still going to have to scrub).

Comment

For tires, I have been using Eagle One All Wheel/TIRE cleaner and it seems to work great. I did try APC at 7:1 ratio and it worked good and will probably go to that after my E1 dries up (my wife buys it when she finds the more for same price bottles)
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I use Mean Green cleaner on my white lettering.
            2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

I have used SOS pads in the past, worked well.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                For tires, I have been using Eagle One All Wheel/TIRE cleaner and it seems to work great. I did try APC at 7:1 ratio and it worked good and will probably go to that after my E1 dries up (my wife buys it when she finds the more for same price bottles)
                i have had great sucess with the Eagle one tire cleaner myself. Do you like the spray version or foam version. I prefer the foam in the aerosol can
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I like using apc. It always does the job for me.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                    i have had great sucess with the Eagle one tire cleaner myself. Do you like the spray version or foam version. I prefer the foam in the aerosol can
                    I do like the aerosol can, doesn't have that funky smell either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      I use the spray and apply a dab of M16 under my nose like Vicks......
                      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I use Westleys Bleach White!! Works AWESOME!!!

Comment

I also like you the spray Bleach white, but I have noticed that it will ruin your rims (or is it tire shine products that damage the rims)! Over time it seems as if it strips the coating off of them. I am retruning to using an SOS pad to clean the whitewalls. But I would like any suggestions as to what is best to clean the rims, that is not very astringent! Thanks, TREY

Comment

Bleche-Wite should never touch anything except tires (it is a tire cleaner). It isn't made for cleaning wheels. It can and most likely will stain uncoated wheels and damage the coating on coated wheels. Never used it and probably never will, but it seems to be along the lines of something similar to Wheel Brightener for tires.

Usually, the best cleaner for wheels is soap and water.

Comment

using a wire brush works like magic

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');