• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ColorX/Cleaner Wax Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ColorX/Cleaner Wax Replacement

Another question, to Akimel & all, has anybody tried m83 with da machine on the soft cc that japanese car nowadays has? Because i may be considering m83 to use for spot buffing to remove heavier scratches & swirls follow by m80 with white polishing pads.

Comment

I have the answer you are looking for, Jason! Because of climate conditions in Malaysia, you basically you need a non-abrasive chemical cleaner to cleanse the paint surface on a regular basis, right? So go with Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner! Here in the U.S. it sells for approximately $7 a bottle (16 oz), which makes it a bargain. Get yourself three bottles and you're set for a couple of years. After your clean the paint, then apply two coats of your favorite wax/sealant.

Al
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Al, fyi, i can get m80/9/82 gallon @ us $33 but dc1 is @ $13 for just 16oz. Thats why i switch 2 mirror glaze range, as i don't mind getting more product to share with my friends.

Comment

By d way, any part experience with m83 on soft paint? Anybody?

Comment

on my wifes old 97 civic, 83 with the orange lc pad i found took out the swirls but left tons of micro marring.

now on her 06 infiniti, with an orange pad I am able to get it about 99 percent flawless, and i used the swirl remover 2.0 with a white pad to get the little bit of micro marring out
            i hope that helps you out

Comment

Originally posted by jasonleong View Post
              By d way, any part experience with m83 on soft paint? Anybody?
              Yes. It works well.

That said, we always tell people to do a Test Spot first to make sure ANY product and pad combo you're using is giving your good results before continuing.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by jasonleong View Post
                Al, fyi, i can get m80/9/82 gallon @ us $33 but dc1 is @ $13 for just 16oz. Thats why i switch 2 mirror glaze range, as i don't mind getting more product to share with my friends.
                Then this is what I would do: I'd get myself a gallon of M09 and use that as my regular paint cleaner. Not only will it clean your paint, but because it is rich in TSOs, it will leave your paint looking great!

Regarding M83: the 80/83 combo has been used by thousands of detailers and car owners for many years. You should have no fear about using #83 on your Honda. You just need to finish up with #80. The challenge is learning the proper technique for both products. (I'm still learning!) Check out these threads:

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

How to apply product to the face of your foam buffing pads

Tips & Techniques for using the G110, G100, G220 and the PC Dual Action Polisher

Cleaning Your Pad On The Fly

Amazing how easy M83 is to use with the right technique!
                Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks to all who has given inputs in this thread. I think i will get m9 gallon & m83 32oz & try out my plan- 1. m83 (spot buffing with low cut orange pad) 2. M80 with white polishing pad 3. M9 to final polish 4. Lsp. Then use m9 for monthly/bi-monthly for surface cleaning.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');