• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing after waxing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing after waxing?

Hi,
    I washed and waxed my car last weekend. Surface dust is starting to appear on my car put it seems to be just sitting on the top.

I tried just rinsing it but it just seemed to spread the dust particles. Is it ok to use wash to remove the dust? Will it remove the wax at all?

Thanks!

Re: Washing after waxing?

Just rinsing the car without drying could lead to water spots, and drying without removing the dirt could casue swirls.

The best thing is to wash with a good quality car wash. All of Meguairs soaps are designed not to remove wax.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks. can washes normally remove water spots if they arn't left for long?

Comment

Originally posted by power_of_dreams View Post
        thanks. can washes normally remove water spots if they arn't left for long?
        I just posted in another topic on water spots, but to summarize, it depends. Some water spots will come off with a spritz of Last Touch (Love that spray for fresh water spots), some may need cleaner wax, some polish, and some may not come out at all.

If they are fresh, start with a quality full car wash, and then go to Last Touch. After that, cleaner waxes, and then move to polishes. (Notice the trend? Least aggressive method possible first!)

Comment

Hi,
          I washed and waxed my car last weekend. Surface dust is starting to appear on my car put it seems to be just sitting on the top.

I tried just rinsing it but it just seemed to spread the dust particles. Is it ok to use wash to remove the dust? Will it remove the wax at all?

Thanks!
          Isn't this exactly what Speed Deatailer and Quik Deatailer are for?

"Meguiar’s® NXT Generation® Speed Detailer™ is the fastest way to enhance protection and maintain your “just waxed” look with Engineered Synthetic Polymers. Our technologically advanced formula removes fresh contaminants and safely lifts away dirt and grime without scratching the surface. Advanced polymers enhance your paint’s protection while amping up gloss."

That way you don't have to go through all the trouble of washing and drying correct?

Comment

I frequently use UQD and plush MF towels to remove light dust. Works great.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by 46&2_X View Post

"Meguiar’s® NXT Generation® Speed Detailer™ is the fastest way to enhance protection and maintain your “just waxed” look with Engineered Synthetic Polymers. Our technologically advanced formula removes fresh contaminants and safely lifts away dirt and grime without scratching the surface. Advanced polymers enhance your paint’s protection while amping up gloss."

That way you don't have to go through all the trouble of washing and drying correct?

Thanks for the tip off.
              How long will this keep your car clean, and if it just spray and wipe, isn't there a chance of swirls and scratching with dust?

Comment

It depends how heavy the dust is... quick detailers are for light dust. Heavy dirt needs washed off if you dont want to risk swirls.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Isn't this exactly what Speed Detailer and Quik Detailer are for?

Yes but within limits. See comments below.

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
                  I frequently use UQD and plush MF towels to remove light dust. Works great.
                  See how the word light is in bold letters? Quick Detailers, also called Mist & Wipe products, are for removing,
                  • Light Dust
                  • Finger Prints
                  • Smudges
                  • Some are formulated for use as a clay lubricant

How long will this keep your car clean,
                  Till dust or other air-borne contaminants land on the paint again.

and if it just spray and wipe, isn't there a chance of swirls and scratching with dust?
                  Again, a mist and wipe product is for removing light dust, that is the kind of dust that if you saw it on your car and blew at it with a fast breath from your mouth, you wold blow the dust off the car. That's light dust. Mist & Wipe products are not for removing films of built-up dust or dirt or for anything worse than light dust. If you use a mist and wipe product for anything worse than light dust it's because you already understand that you're pushing the product past what it's intended to do safely.

The idea behind a quality mist and wipe product is the formula offers a lot of lubrication plus other ingredients to help encapsulate the dust particles so that when you wipe the surface using a plush, premium quality wiping cloth you are able to remove dust particles without scratching.

For most people, since 1981, (that's 28 years since Trigger Wash was introduced), it works pretty well. You always have the option of washing the car using the normal car wash process of a bucket of water, wash mitt, drying towel etc.

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  It depends how heavy the dust is... quick detailers are for light dust. Heavy dirt needs washed off if you dont want to risk swirls.
                  Again, note the word light has been bolded.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');