• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to polish my muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to polish my muffler?

hi everyone, i just got a muffler from my best friend

he use it for about one year and never polish it... i wonder if i can use this to polish it

i ask first because this thing gets hot and i dont want to fry the chrome you know what i mean... anybody have a suggestion?

thanks

Ahmed
    Zitosonic Detailing Spot

Try the new NXT Metal Polysh.. It not only polishes the stainless steel but also protects it as well..
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Apply some to a preferably 4" wool pad on your PC, crank it up and polish to your heart's desire. Wipe with a mf , inspect, if good, then seal with a long lasting,high temperature resistant sealant.
      my product collection-- New !
      My Detailing Credo
      Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Re: How to polish my muffler?

Originally posted by Zitosonic
        hi everyone, i just got a muffler from my best friend

he use it for about one year and never polish it... i wonder if i can use this to polish it

i ask first because this thing gets hot and i dont want to fry the chrome you know what i mean... anybody have a suggestion?

thanks

Ahmed
        The finish on the muffler is not chrome, its polished stainless steel. So using a chrome polish will have no effectiveness.

Use a good metal/aluminum polish like the new NXT metal polish. If you don't have a buffer your going to have to use a lot of elbow grease to get it looking brand new depending on the severity of the current finish.

Comment

thanks Bri but i cannot find NXT Metal Polish around here... maybe Gold Class Metal Restorer but i dont know if this supports high temps

hi Bill, can you suggest me any brand?

btw i see your product collection... nice

Zitosonic Detailing Spot

Comment

To polish specifically I did use the Megs All Metal Polish, next time around I just got the Wenol twins ,so I'll give them a try. I've been having good luck sealing with the Klasse twins for longevity.
            My Detailing Credo

Comment

ok, the product says it works on all kind of metal and
              i do have a rotary and a wool pad so i'll try it later...

thanks to all
              Zitosonic Detailing Spot

Comment

I'll try it using my *rotary* next time too. Ill try the 4" wool pad, I definitely should wear sunglasses
                My Detailing Credo

Comment

well, some may wonder... the muffler is not installed yet but i wont till i clean it the best i can... i think it would be very difficult when its installed...
                  Zitosonic Detailing Spot

Comment

I'm laying on my back under the back bottom of the car when I polish mufflers. Neighbors only see a pair of legs sticking out from under the car
                    My Detailing Credo

Comment

yes i know... and thats when they start to talk and rumor
                      Zitosonic Detailing Spot

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');