• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's sealant w/ P21S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's sealant w/ P21S

Has anyone here ever tried to top any Meguiar's sealant w/ P21S?

If you do, how do you like it?

Thank you
    Robert

Re: Meguiar's sealant w/ P21S

Topping NXT aka "How to top one type of wax with a different type of wax

this might help
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Thank you. Looks like it doesn't improve much.

Mike,
      I followed your advice (not with NXT but with 21)
      Topped with P21s and could not see a difference between the two.
      Thanks for saving me some $$$
      Robert

Comment

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Go down to Mike Phillps post 10# He hits the nail on the head about p21s.

Waxes like 21, Nxt, GOLD Class, and 26. All, darken the finish for a richer finish.
        M16 and P21s can add gloss and shine good on light colors. But in the end your always working with clear paint.

16# does get high marks for being durable. I believe that M20 might be another wax that doesn't darken as well but, I could be wrong with that maybe Mike can step in with an answer. 20 is a great AIO product

Comment

Originally posted by Beginner2002 View Post
          Has anyone here ever tried to top any Meguiar's sealant w/ P21S?
          Probably every paint sealant under the sun has been topped with every wax under the sun.

What's important is if you like the look and all the other benefits and features of your products of choice. If you're going to top one product with another in most cases it's because you're looking for maximum protection or maximum protection and/or both.

The point of the topping article linked above is if you're going to top one product with another for maximum appearance results, then before going over the entire car, do some testing to a small section first with both products and make sure the second product is actually making the paint look better and not moving the results of the first product backwards in appearance quality.

This might be interesting too from our Hot Topics forum,

Which LSP is better for light colors?

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, Mike.
            I already used Meguiars sealants topped w/ M26 and M16. They all look stunning..WET!..even the wife knows IT. My cars are light colored - silver and shell. Just want to have some fun w/ P21S since I still have a couple jars.
            Robert

Comment

I actually found my S100/P21S darkened my paint. I don't believe that it's colour- neutral like #16. Just my take.
              Paul Marmarinos
              Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
              "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                I actually found my S100/P21S darkened my paint. I don't believe that it's colour- neutral like #16. Just my take.
                I only did this test one time on a black Mercedes-Benz SUV with a pretty much flawless finish since it had just be buffed out by one of our class students.

We applied P21S, M16, NXT, M26 and Gold Class to 5 different spots on hood. Allowed each product to dry and then wiped off the excess. There were a number of people present watching and then we asked them to look to see if they could tell were the products were applied.

It was easy to see where NXT, Gold Class and M26 were applied because the spots where they were applied were the darkest black spots on the hood. As for P21S and M16, for the most part the area were they were applied looked just like the surrounding paint, as in there was no easily visible change in darkness, clarity or richness of color.

The only real way to do this kind of test is on black paint and the paint has to be in good to great shape to start with.

Even so, all of the above is interesting to a point but in the big picture each person will always have to test out a few products and then decide which wax or paint sealant suits them best. Besides appearance, some people are very picky about how a product applies and wipes-off and waxes vary when it comes to this aspect.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

FYI

Here are the pics for comparison between m16 and s100/p21s.

S100 2 weeks old on the trunk

M16 on top at least 4 weeks old
                  Last edited by Beginner2002; Jan 23, 2009, 04:12 PM. Reason: Replace w/ "better" pics
                  Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                    My brother-in-law just got a brand new (black) Audi A8 and the dealer didn't mess up the paint too bad. I'm looking forward to working on it in the spring and maybe do a 4 wax test on it to see what happens on black. I've never had an opportunity to work on a black car so I welcome the opportunity.

I think I'll try NXT 2.0, Souveran, P21s and Collinite 476s. We'll see if I can see the same darkening you found.
                    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                      My brother-in-law just got a brand new (black) Audi A8 and the dealer didn't mess up the paint too bad. I'm looking forward to working on it in the spring and maybe do a 4 wax test on it to see what happens on black. I've never had an opportunity to work on a black car so I welcome the opportunity.

I think I'll try NXT 2.0, Souveran, P21s and Collinite 476s. We'll see if I can see the same darkening you found.
                      Alright!! I look forward to the upcoming "The Great 4 Wax Darkening Shoot Out" thread.

Mike
                      Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
                        Alright!! I look forward to the upcoming "The Great 4 Wax Darkening Shoot Out" thread.

Mike
                        Same here.
                        Robert

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');