• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Already mixed car wash storage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already mixed car wash storage question

So I had a bucket full of NXT Car wash left from the washing I did 1 week 3 days ago. I swirled the water around and I noticed there was still plenty of suds left. So I decided to just use this car wash instead of mixing up a new batch. I use the 2 bucket wash system so there was almost no grit/dirt in the car wash bucket.

How long can I store the mixed in car wash w/o the car wash losing its effectiveness?
    2008 Infiniti M35 Worklog

Re: Already mixed car wash storage question

I think that would be fine, the dilution ratio should stay the same.

Maybe after a couple months there could be some breakdown?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I don't think the issue is will the solution hold up over time but that it's used or contaminated car wash solution.

Clearcoat paints are scratch-sensitive, that is they scratch easily. Scratches in clear coat paints show up easily to our eyes, especially over black or dark color coats.

In order to prevent instilling swirls and scratches you must do everything you can to reduce the potential for instilling swirls and scratches and that means using the highest quality products you can obtain and in most cases that would include not re-using car wash solution as it might have dirt in it that could be transferred to the paint accidental.

It's understandable that if you're washing your own car, and you know it was very very clean when you washed it the first time then you could conceivably re-use your water.

Personal choice.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks for the input
        2008 Infiniti M35 Worklog

Comment

Working...
        X