• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand New Car - How do i care for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Car - How do i care for it?

Hi,

Me and my gf just bought a new Honda CRV. What would be the best product to keep the paint looking good for years to come. I've read I should use a product with no abrasives as the paint should be in excellent condition.

I was thinking about tech wax 2.0 paste, but I can't find it anywhere if it contains any abrasives in it.

Any advice would be great.

Re: Brand New Car - How do i care for it?

Since this is your first post...

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Congratulations on the new car too. NXT Tech wax is non-abrasive and a great choice to preserve your car's paint.

Also look at getting a quality wash mitt, Grit Guard for your bucket when washing and a premium quality car wash like NXT Car Wash or Gold Class Car Wash.

Plenty of premium quality microfibers for removing wax and some extra foam or microfiber wax applicator pads.

That should get you started! Check out our List O' Links 2.0 and these two forum groups are a treasure trove or information...

Have Questions? Looking for Answers?
    So much good, practical and helpful information in the "Information Station" like these two forum groups and the List 'O Links thread.
    Hot Topics
    How To Articles

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
      Step 1 Wash
      Step 2 Clean
      Step 3 Polish
      Step 4 Protect
      Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

How to Wash Your Car Show Car Style

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

How to correctly apply ScratchX to remove swirls and scratches

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover

Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider

Here is a very simple way to get a complete detail if you want to do more than just wax:

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. Cleaner/wax
      4. Nxt 2.0
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Wow. thanks for the quick replies. I think I'll get the tech wax 2.0 for now. I'm not sure if it would be wise to polish the new car yet as the condition should be fine, maybe polish after a year.

This is my first car so I had no idea what to do with it, cleaning wise.

Would it be okay to wax the windows with this wax also? what about trimmings?

Comment

Originally posted by meguser808 View Post
          Would it be okay to wax the windows with this wax also? what about trimmings?
          No. Meguiar's car waxes are not for glass. There is no real similarities between glass and car paint and our car waxes are chemically formulated to work on paint, not glass.

For exterior rubber and plastic trim, pick up a bottle of G10810 Gold Class Trim Detailer

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Welcome to MOL!
            '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
            '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

The Gold Class Trim Detailer is great stuff - looks great. A small blob goes a long way.

Does anyone know if it offers protection?

Comment

When doing a full detail, if you still want to keep it fairly simple -

I'd do something like clay, paint cleaner, and then NXT 2.0. I just got a car Monday, and on Saturday I'll be claying, cleaning/polishing, and then waxing.

Comment

I think i'll put some carnuba wax on the windows, I read that it should be fine.

As for the trims, my question is same as slicked, does the gold class trim detailer protect as well as make it look nice.

Comment

The longer you hang around this forum, you will find out the following. The key to keeping your car looking great is not so much waxing whenever. It is in the preparation. So if you just want a waxed car great, no problem. But if you want a great looking car, then you have to do a few more things

This is why you should take the time to read the links Murr gave you. It may seem like a lot of steps, however in the long run it reduces the amount of time needed to keep your car looking new.

Congrats on the new car.

Welcome to mol.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by meguser808 View Post
                      As for the trims, my question is same as slicked, does the gold class trim detailer protect as well as make it look nice.
                      Yes. Trim Detailers conditions and protects. Not sure how other's apply it but for thin pieces of trim or for the rubber gaskets that run around a door, I usually take a terry cloth towel and cut out small pieces about an 1" square or so and then saturate this with the Trim Detailer and apply to the component I'm wanting to treat. By using a little piece of cloth you won't get excess onto the things surrounding the trim or component you're trying to dress. Then you can just throw it away when you're done.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for the tip Mike, I will try that out next time.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');