• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use?

Hey guys,

Well tommorow is Saturday, Thats the only day of the week i really get a chance to detail my truck, I usually take 4-5 hours out of the day just to do it. Theres a couple things i would like to have your opinions on since i cannot decide, so perhaps you guys could help me, I usually like to decide which products i want to use a day in advance of the detail so i can just get started quicker. So lets get started.

My truck is dusty and dirty but not salt covered, Nxt wash or Gold class car wash?

After i wash i would like to use one of the following products on my truck to maintain the finish, which one should i pick, currently i have 2 coats of Tech wax 2.0 and GC liquid wax as a topper so which one of these goes good with that?

Last Touch
    Ultimate quick detailer
    Speed detailer

I plan on dressing my exterior trim, which takes a while as my truck is loaded with Black trim moldings on the exterior, which on these should i use?

M40
    GC protectant wipes
    Supreme shine Protectant
    Quick Interior detailer( works on trim well)
    GC trim detailer

Again, i know how to use and have used all these products on my truck but am just asking for your opinion on what you would go with. It seems i just cannot make up my mind when it comes to which products to use as i own all of them and occasionally i just think its cool if you guys suugest what to use on a detail

Thanks in advance
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: What to use?

UQD is the one that leaves the polymers behind, so I would use that after a wash.

And #40 should be most durable on the exterior.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I would use NXT 2.0 if you were deciding con waxes.
      UQD
      #40 and/or Supreme Shine Protectant
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

I like NXT wash in the winter, pretty slippery stuff, just in case your truck has the winter blues.

For the exterior, I like M40 and GC Trim Detailer, I also have ASD which the Neon reacts to better and I have S-Dressing that I have not tried yet.

I just love Ultimate Quik Detailer for after washing. I have not tried last touch and I rate Speed Detailer up there with UQD seen as I found a bottle on sale at Schmucks and liked it enough, but not enough to get several different types of spray detailers. When my bottles of UQD run out, I plan on getting M135.

I use QID for cleaning inbetween dressing with M40.

Check your manual for the rubber seals, my manual for our '00 Yukon calls for dielectric greast to be applied. I do that once or twice a year and found that Napa auto parts (or at least last I looked) has a bigger tube for a good price.

Have fun.

looks like you keep that truck nice! Good job.
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');