• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ultimate bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultimate bucket

Next month I was planning on placing an order through ADS. Included in that order would be a grit guard for my rinse bucket. However I stumbled upon "The Ultimate Car Wash Bucket" from Griots Garage. Almost seems too good to be true. Even has a grill built into it to keep the dirt near the bottom. Has anyone here have any experience with this bucket or know someone who has? Sounds like an interesting accessory for detailing. Just thought I would ask. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: The ultimate bucket

Seems like a good product... but thats not the price I remember, almost seem priced to low for Griots Garage!?!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I don't have any experience with this bucket, but I have bought quite a bit of stuff from Griot's Garage. While just about everything he sells says "ultimate" or "world's greatest" it's been my experience that a lot of their stuff breaks pretty fast. I have thought about trying out the bucket, but it's a little pricey. It does have some nice features though like the built in grit guard and the thing that measures the soap.

Comment

Huh.
        Sounds to good too be true.
        You know what they say when something sounds to good to be true that is because it is too good to be true.
        I would go with the grit guard.
        It looks okay.
        What ever floats your boat.
        Ultimate Wash Bucket
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

$2.48 gets you a Homer bucket from Home Depot. That is hard to beat. Grit Guards fit perfectly into the buckets too...Some buckets are tapered towards the bottom and GG won't go down to the bottom.

I guess if you have extra money sitting around it wouldn't hurt to try it out...but it still holds water as it's main purpose. It can only improve so much ya know.
          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. $39.99 does seem pricey for a bucket. As "ColonelCash" mentioned Home Depot sells buckets for under $2.50!! That may be the route i'll go. I'll definetly save a chunk of cash. Besides grit guards are only $10 from ADS.

Thanks

Comment

Having a place to put the sponge is kind of nice... other than that.....

Anyone know of a shelf type deal for a regular bucket?
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It's actually a pretty well thought out bucket with the shelf that lets water drain out of your mitt or brush and the built in measuring cup for adding your car wash solution. You need to click on the zoom feature on their website to see this measuring cup thing.

Didn't see where it said how much water it holds but my first thought was it needed to be a little taller for more swishing around room when putting your wash mitt back into the water.

What's interesting is an idea for a wash bucket that looks like this was offered at a meeting I attended a few years ago...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I got the Home Depot Buckets for $2.78 each.
                  My Dad was surprised they were that cheap!!
                  I really like them.
                  I just put in an order from ADS for 2 Grit Guards.
                  I can not wait!!
                  Joel
                  Firefighter/EMT-B
                  Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                  "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                  '99 F-150

Comment

It looks like it is well thought out. However I believe that the Wife would have a little problem with me spending 440.00 for a wash bucket. I will stick with what I have and be very happy. lol.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

If you google "wash bucket casters" you will find some very very similiar at a significantly reduced cost.
                      Al
                      ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Looks like a well thought-out device. However, I'd rather spend the difference in cost between this and a "standard" Home Depot type bucket on my chemicals.
                        2013 Highlander - black
                        2010 TL - black

Comment

I was at Home Depot tonight and ran across some 12inch plant stands w/ wheels (in the garden center). They were only about $3, so I figured it was worth a shot. Picked up 2 of them . Came home and the Home Depot buckets fit almost perfectly in them. They are not really high quality, but for $3 you can't really go wrong.

Just an option for those who want an alternative to the Ultimate Bucket.
                          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                            I was at Home Depot tonight and ran across some 12inch plant stands w/ wheels (in the garden center). They were only about $3, so I figured it was worth a shot. Picked up 2 of them . Came home and the Home Depot buckets fit almost perfectly in them. They are not really high quality, but for $3 you can't really go wrong.

Just an option for those who want an alternative to the Ultimate Bucket.
                            About 18 months ago, I bought the plant caddy from Wal- Mart. It claims to support 150 pounds. They are on wheels. The buckets fit well on them. They seem to hold up very well. I think they were around $5.00 each.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');