• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt at detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempt at detailing

I spent about 8 hours on the weekend detailing my new Miata. After washing it with NXT carwash, I clayed it, cleaned it (DC1), polished it (DC2), and then waxed it (NXTx2). I used NXT protectant for the vinyl top. I used the PC polisher for the larger surfaces although I did wax by hand. The surface is amazing -- smooth as glass. I put a cloth on the hood for a second and it just slid right off! I took some pics..
    '08 MX-5 Miata GT - Highland Green Mica with Saddle Brown Ragtop and Leather Interior

Sorry, it looks like I screwed up with the link. I'll try again tomorrow.
    '08 MX-5 Miata GT - Highland Green Mica with Saddle Brown Ragtop and Leather Interior

Comment

I'll give it one more shot.

Comment

You can really appreciate the metallic paint.

Comment

Nice Job !

Comment

Very nice

Your second photo shows the metallic POP that NXT does on silver.
            Looks good keep up the good work and it will look like that for a long-long time.
            Rich
            If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
            DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Nice looking Miata, DarkWolf, I also have one a '99 Emerald Green just got my PC from the seminar from Meg. would love to try it out but heading to St. Louis for a Miata gathering tomorrow
              there's another Miata on this forum that I know of
              Larry
              Which to drive the Miata or Mazda6

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');