• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did I purchase 2 used meguiar products instead of a new one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did I purchase 2 used meguiar products instead of a new one

I just purchased scratch x and hot rims at walmart. I noticed when I opened scratch x it its not sealed. Is it supposed to be not sealed. Also I noticed that the hot rims doesn't have that protective lock when you purchase things on spray bottle. Did I purchased used ones? I have the receipt and everything to show proof I bought it at walmart.

I haven't purchased either of those products so I'm not sure. If I were you, I'd make a quick trip to Wal-Mart and check some other bottles. If both bottles seem full, I wouldn't worry about it.
    George G.
    ----------------------------------

Comment

if they are full i wouldn't worry about it......but if you are still wanting some peace of mind....i guarantee you that walmart will fully refund you

Comment

I hate the hassle of going back there so I called first. I did carefully inspect the tube of scratch x and now I can tell that it seems like someone already used it. I phoned walmart and they said they cannot refund products that are opened

Now I feel like even the Hot Rims were used before. The product is close to the automotive section of walmart and I feel like someone just quickly used it for their benefit. I really feel like I got scammed.

Comment

Originally posted by fpalattao
          ....I phoned walmart and they said they cannot refund products that are opened
          That's bull! I bet if you take it up there and return it, they'll refund your money. I think they're just trying to get you to keep it. You can take it as a lessoned learn to check the bottles or get your money back.

Me....I'm the type where the wear and tear on my truck, gas and my time waiting in the return lines(cause they're always a mile long) are worth more than returning it for a new bottle...unless it like half empty.
          George G.
          ----------------------------------

Comment

I purchased ScratchX at AZone and there was no seal either. I don't believe there is a seal on this item. Also, all tubed products have to have some air in the tube to allow for temperature expansion and contraction of the product. Otherwise the seam might split.

And yes, Walmart will usually take anything back.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

Neither product has a seal. If you want to take them back to Walmart they will give your money back. I worked for them for 10 years. Trust me...they take everything back.

Comment

I agree. There is not reason to be unhappy. If you like both prodcuts I would return them and simply buy them again. However I wouldn't mention that they had been opened. If you didn't notice a first they probabily wont either.

Comment

Just to add to what others have said,

The ScratchX does not have a seal and the Hot Rims doesn't have a protective lock.

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');