• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Paint Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Paint Help

I drove through some Mobil 1 and it splattered on my rear inside wheel well. I did not notice it for about a week until I washed it.

It seemed to stain the yellow paint, how do I remove the stain?
    Attached Files

I don't know about others, but I really can't see the extent of the damage from the picture. My best guess would be to use something like #83 followed by #80 then wax or sealant of choice. If it's a very small area maybe scratchX.

Comment

Re: Yellow Paint Help

Originally posted by N Charg
      I drove through some Mobil 1 and it splattered on my rear inside wheel well. I did not notice it for about a week until I washed it.

It seemed to stain the yellow paint, how do I remove the stain?
      Hi N Charg,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Two things, the staining has either penetrated into the clear coat, or the staining had primarily only affected the surface of the clear coat.

Either way, the first thing I would recommend trying would be to apply some ScratchX with a foam applicator pad.

Follow the direction outlined here for removing an etching,

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Be sure to apply and work in well, at least two to three applications before making a judgment as to whether or not the product is working. If after 2-3 applications the ScratchX is working, then if you still see the stain, try a couple more applications, (remember, as you work the ScratchX into the finish, the diminishing abrasives will be breaking down and will quit abrading the finish and will in fact begin polishing the finish, thus the reason for multiple applications).

If after two to three applications you see no change at all, then this is a good indicator that the stain has penetrated into the paint and the only way to completely remove the stain is to remove more paint and this may not be a the ideal solution for this problem as you only have so much film-build to work with.

After using the ScratchX, (if it's working), you then want to be sure to apply a couple applications of your favorite wax or paint protectant.

Hope this help...

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Is Scratch X taking the place of MPPC and Body Scrub for paint cleansing/etching jobs?
        my product collection-- New !
        My Detailing Credo
        Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill D
          Is Scratch X taking the place of MPPC and Body Scrub for paint cleansing/etching jobs?
          AS far as I know, MPPC and Body Scrub will continue to be available, so ScratchX isn't taking their place, it's just another tool for the tool box.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');