• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deep, wet look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deep, wet look

I have a quick question, so i detailed my wife's explorer a while back as seen in this thread: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=29872

The process i used was m83 with cutting pad, and m09 with polishing pad, i also used the show car glaze #7 with a polishing pad, and finally nxt, and it looked absolutely stunning.

However, time has passed and the show car glaze obviously has dried up and now the paint looks reflective, but not deep or wet. First i tried touching up with UQD, which added to the reflectiveness but not the deep or wet look, so i tried another coat of nxt2.0 and a little deeper, but not like the glaze.

So my question is, how can i get a more permanent deep and wet look, other than putting show car glaze on it every time i wash it?

Re: deep, wet look

IMO, the deep wet look is not going to last forever.
    Just like washing your car, your paint being clean does not last forever.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
      IMO, the deep wet look is not going to last forever.
      Just like washing your car, your paint being clean does not last forever.
      i understand that

I guess maybe a better question should be what megs wax can give me a more deep wet look
      or
      what in my detailing process should i change to get that look w/o resorting to glaze

Comment

What i would do is use M09 or M07 followed by 2 coats of Nxt Tech Wax 2.0.

M09 is rich in polishing oils and has some light cleaning ability and M07 is IMO the best Pure Polish by Meguiars
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');