• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messy or Neat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messy or Neat?

I have a real bad habit when doing a full detail of my truck or just a simple wash to leave my Meguiars products that i use laying around in the garage or the driveway ( summer or spring) and not put a product back on the shelf after I am done using it. for example, i use NXT Tech Wax 2.0 to wax my truck and after I am done waxing i set it down and then pick up GC Trim Detailer and start applying it on exterior plastics and trim. Then when i am done detailing i have to pick up all the products on the ground and put them back on my shelf. I even ran over a bottle of NXT Speed detailer one time because i left just sittin on the ground near the garage door , that was six bucks flushed dow the toilet.

I have to start re shelfing my products after i am done using them

Anyone else have this bad habit?
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Messy or Neat?

No, I just bring everything out and then bring it back in.
    I have some of those Sterilite Rolling Drawer Organizers.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

I have the same bad habit! My stuff ends up all over the work bench when I'm done. I'm eager to get my newly cleaned ride out on the town or just to tired to put everything away. I'm really trying to get better. I hate not being able to find something when I need it.
      Scott

Comment

Yeah, a little all over the place.

I like the little bar I put in for hanging spray bottles near the door:

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

this might start to answer the question
          2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

i keep my Megs product neat when i store them but when they are in use it is a different story
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I try to stay on top of it, usually I go back and clean the next day as I'm usually pretty tired
              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

my garage is a mess after only a wash. only when i have no detailing to do i organize my stuff.

Comment

These Steri-lite tote trays work good for me
                  Most of my products are either in spray bottles or smaller dispenser bottles so it isn't any problem carrying them from the house to the garage when I'm going to use them. (A necessary chore in an Iowa Winter and I tend to do it year round.)
                  Charles
                  The Rainmaker

Comment

Yeah, I get my products everywhere as well. I also round them all up when I am done and put them inside. It takes me 5-10 minutes lol.

I don't want to look to rediculous with a rolling shelve unit or something though.
                    Matt

Comment

Neat..

After i'm done with the product it goes back before I grab another.

Comment

Look at getting a parts/service cart. Put everything you need on it and roll it to where you need it. Then after your finished roll it back to your storage cabinet or shelfs. And even if your too lazy or tired to put everything back where it goes, at least it's all on the cart and can be rolled out of the way.

Here's a couple of examples.....

Comment

Originally posted by sstg View Post
                          Neat..

After i'm done with the product it goes back before I grab another.
                          That is one beautiful picture. You have a good setup so you can just put down and grab another.

I like things organized and in a central place when I detail so everything is all together.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesW View Post
                            I keep most of my towels in totes like those.
                            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by CAShine View Post
                              That is one beautiful picture. You have a good setup so you can just put down and grab another.

I like things organized and in a central place when I detail so everything is all together.
                              Thank you. My friends mess with me on how anal I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');