• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Process Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process Question

Long story short, dealer washed my car, even though I asked them not to. So, correction is in order. I am probably using #80, DACP in a few isolated spots. My question is, would it be worth it to then apply color-x using my PC and a finishing pad to burnish the finish before I apply the LSP of my choice? Just thought I would ask!

Re: Process Question

#80 should be the last thing needed before a wax in most cases. But sometimes people will use a pure polish like #7, or a milder cleaner/polish could be needed.

Just inspect the finish after the #80 to be sure you are happy before waxing.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'd use #80 over the whole finish and maybe leave ColorX for those areas that are hard to reach like door sills, trunk and hood internals, etc. #80 finishes up LSP ready.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

Thanks...I like 80. Actually removes some significant defects and finishes NICE.

If I had some 205, I'd use that over 80....maybe I'll have it in time for my spring detail.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLew81 View Post
          Long story short, dealer washed my car, even though I asked them not to. So, correction is in order.
          Sorry to hear this, sad to say this is the norm, not the exception.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Got to it yesterday, with the old standbys of 83 and 80. The car was a mess on certain panels, which really made me mad. I am calling the dealer on monday. I could have seen some washing/drying swirls, but there were some nice deeper marks on some panels. ARG!

Anyway...I got the car about 90%, which is fine since it is a black daily driver. After the 80, I went over it with some Color-X, which I really like more and more each time I use it.

When the weather warms for good, I'm going to get some 105 and 205. I think 205 will be nice to remove the wash induced marring I get from time to time.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');