• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My three step system i have come up with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My three step system i have come up with

I think i have come up with the right system for my recently purchased Z26. Any feedback is definitely welcome.

Here is what i think will work well with my car. The paint is nice but has some swirls, and in general just needs a good cleaning.

Step 1: I think i am gonna go with M80 Speed Glaze to clean the paint and to get rid of th swirls. I do have a PC7424 and just bought a pad assortment from Lake Country. I think i am gonna use the polish pad. If anyone has a better suggestion feel free to give me your input.

Step 2: M7 Show car glaze. Not sure whether i am gonna use the PC or do this by hand yet. Suggestions ???

Step 3: #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax. This is probably my favorite wax that i have ever used. When i had my shop this always produced a top shine with deep gloss.

I may use the Color X between Step 2 and 3. Really have not made up my mind. I will of course be using the two bucket system and after the wash i will be using a clay bar aswell.

I mentioned in a previous post ; I just purchased the Beretta Z26 this past weekend and it only has 17,000 on it. Interior is nice just in need of a good cleaning and as i said the paint is not bad but it does need a good cleaning to remove some swirling and a few defects. It defintely is the nicest Z26 i have seen in recent years. I have always been a huge Beretta fan. The Indy i have is absolutely beautiful. I will be posting pics as soon as i get started on the Z26. Bad weather and a non heated garage kinda makes it tough to start right now but believe me the waiting is driving me nuts.lol

I also think i am gonna open back up the shop when the weather breaks. This forum has really inspired me to get back in to it. Again if anyone has any comments or feedback on this system i have chosen please give me some feedback...thanks..Billy

Re: My three step system i have come up with

Sounds like you have a good system. You might not need #7, since #80 is pretty rich in similar polishing oils along with its cleaning ability.

If #80 doesn't get everything out, you could try #83, or look for the new Ultimate Compound at your local wal mart or something (only mention it as it's pretty strong and easy to find).

Finally, I love #26 too, but it doesn't last very long. I waxed one of my cars Jan 1, and a couple weeks ago there was basically no signs of protection left.

I like use #26 if I can wax regularly, for longer intervals I use NXT.

However, your system will no doubt give you amazing results.

Remember that when you make your overlapping passes with the PC, to go slowly. The sound of the machine makes you want to go fast, but slow down and let the polisher and the #80 do the work, and a small section at a time.

Comment

As mb911 pointed out, if you use M80 you don't really need to follow it with another polish but you can if you want to for fun.

Also, after M80 you would usually go straight to your choice of wax, there's usually no need to use a cleaner/wax after M80 unless you see some micro-marring.

Be sure to start by doing a Test Spot, that is test the products you're thinking about applying to the entire car to one small area or spot. Make sure you and your skills and abilities and the products you have chosen to use can make one small area look good before going over the entire car. If you can't make one small area look good you certainly won't be able to make the entire car look good.

Test spot
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I don't think you can ever definitively say what you are going to do until you get working.

Sometimes paint can be very hard and correction difficult, so you might find yourself starting with M80, moving up to M83 and up to M105, only to finish with M80 again. Once you get working, you'll see how the M80 works and if it works fine and finishes nicely, I'd just drop your LSP of choice on top.
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

If you do use #7 I would suggest trying it with machine. I had problems with a kind of overlap that you sometimes get with wax from applying too thick, machine will make that easier. But i agree with everyone else, i always use #80 on my car and you'll be amazed at the gloss you get after using just that be itself. Good luck.

Peace

Comment

Thanks for the input guys... I am gonna try the M80 and wax the test spot and go from there. I am still gonna pick up the #7. It is a good product to have around.

As for the Color X, i really like what i am hearing about this. Can you put the Hi Tech over that without problems ? Like i said i am not familiar with the Color X product at all.

Comment

You only stand to gain by putting #7 on as well. Great product. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BerettaZ26 View Post
                Thanks for the input guys... I am gonna try the M80 and wax the test spot and go from there. I am still gonna pick up the #7. It is a good product to have around.

As for the Color X, i really like what i am hearing about this. Can you put the Hi Tech over that without problems ? Like i said i am not familiar with the Color X product at all.
                Color X you really don't need at all if using #80. Color X is a cleaner wax. Instead, you're using better dedicated products: You're cleaning with #80 and waxing with #26.

Comment

I am still gonna pick up the #7. It is a good product to have around.
                  Correction... it's a GREAT product to have around.

ColorX is a strong cleaner/wax relative to our A12 Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax. It's very popular because it's very versatile. You can use it to restore a neglected finish or simply maintain a nice finish.

Lots of people will wash, clay and then use ColorX to clean the paint, (while leaving behind a protective coating), and then apply NXT Tech Wax over it as a topper to take the appearance results to a higher level as well as leave behind more protection.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The only thing I see that is missing is clay. Other than that your system will give you great results.

Andy
                    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                      You only stand to gain by putting #7 on as well. Great product. Good luck.

Yeah i am gonna go ahead and use it after the M80. I always liked the depth it adds to the finish.

As for the Color X, i am not gonna use it on the Beretta but i went ahead and grabbed a bottle. I am gonna get my shop up and going again this spring and it is always nice to have a great cleaner wax around..Again thank you all for the input. This is a great forum...It also has really gotten me up to date on all things Meguiar's in a really short time. As soon as the weather breaks ill be putting the Beretta pic's up. Thanks again !

Comment

I've told this story a million times here, but I wasn't a believer in #7 until one say I detailed my wife's silver CR-V. When I was finishing up, I did one quarter panel with #7, one without.

I called her out to ask if she could see the difference (I thought I could see the difference, but didn't trust myself). She came out and immediately said the panel with #7 looked much better.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');