• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Cleaning and Correction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Cleaning and Correction?

Anyone out there have a feeling or know they have a lot of cleaning AND correction work to do after the winter ends. the other day after i washed my truck i spotted a couple RIDS about two inches log but was able to correct them with Scratch X 2.0 ( thank God i had it). took me an hour to correct them all. I also have a feeling i have mild swirls on my truck even though i properly wash it with the 2 bucket method, grit guards, good quality wash mitts, good quality drying water magnets/ towels. The salt that gets thrown up on the side of my truck is horrible. Its so hard to wash it because i fear i am scratching the paint as the RIDS came from the saltiest areas. Well, looks like i have some work to do in the spring with some M80, SwirlX, and Scratch X 2.0 . Anyone else have to dedicate a day to undo the damage winter onflicted on us?
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Spring Cleaning and Correction?

I think I am in the same boat you are in.
    This weekend I am dedicating it to washing my Truck and the Van, and polish the Truck with 205 and 105 in some isolated spots where my brother hit a pole.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Actually several days since we have several cars.
      It's something I have had to do for years and I think anyone that lives in the snow/ice belt has to tolerate it.
      Something that I do and not everyone will agree with is take the car to either a DIY wand wash or a touchless drive-thru to knock the heavy crud accumulation off before washing.
      The wash place in my area doesn't use any recycled water and the concern for the "harsh soap" removing my wax/sealant is no concern for me. That harsh soap doesn't even remove all the road film. How can it be removing the wax/sealant?
      Charles
      The Rainmaker

Comment

My Sonoma is riddled with swirls (from a previous owner) but I have to put off a correction until the weather clears (some of you SoCal guys please post your results with Swirlx and UC). My commuter car has very light spiderwebs on the horizontal surface. I will hold off on that until the weather breaks (currently 15degrees now). Until then, it is " cover you ears" DIY washes coupled with QW.

Comment

I havent gotten a chance to wax in so long, I am sure there are water spots. Plus ice sliding off the car when it melts... ugh.

But I still have #80 and #83 to use up, and hopefully #80 will take care of it all.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Wifey's Honda will need some work (parked outside and exposed to all the winter crud). Mine is probably okay, but I CAN'T WAIT to get my hands on my brother in law's A8, full of swirls. It's going to be fun. Maybe a two day job.
            ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Anytime you touch the paint you are at risk of adding swirls. It may be in the wash process or in the drying process. On dark vehicles, it just happens despite all the techniques (double bucket, supposedly slick soaps, fancy mitts, etc).

I have seen a supposedly clean towel swirl supposedly clean paint just by wiping it using a high grade towel.

I consider it an opportunity to polish.
              Al
              ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');