• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC+ being discontinued ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC+ being discontinued ??

Has or are there plans to discontinue APC+?

It seems like the question about APC+ being discontinued was brought up not too long ago, if I remember correctly . I didn’t find a specific thread on the subject with a quick search but I certainly could have missed it.

The reason I’m asking.... I was at O’Reilly’s today where a friend is the store manager. I usually don’t order through him because I can get better pricing from a place in Dallas (20 to 30 minute drive) or an order with ADS, depending on what I’m getting. I was only needing some APC+, so I figured I would see if he could get it for me out of their warehouse to save me the drive. Not knowing the part number off the top of my head we went to the catalog, to my surprise APC+ wasn’t in the catalog, which I hadn’t noticed it not being in there before. So he called Meg’s customer service for the part number where the not so friendly service rep ( I know, that is certainly not the norm) told him that it was discontinued.

Re: APC+ being discontinued ??

That might be one of the "certain distributors only" products.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Let me see if I can clear this up a bit....

The original APC+ was doscontinued, but we brought it back for the Detail Industry. This means it is only available through Focused Distribution. We do not even sell it through MeguiarsDirect.com

The following is a list of the best places to locate this product:

Car Wash Company Montgomery, AL 334 462-3928

Auto Detailing Solutions, Chandler, AZ 602 317-9519

Protect-It Inc, San Jose CA 408-286-6046

Polished Image & Supply, Colton CA 909 422-0263

CAS Distributing, Fresno CA 559 301-8539

Shine Supply, Oak View, CA 805 659-7035

Auto Anything, San Diego, CA 858 300-1955

Cleaning Supply Warehouse, Santa Maria, CA 805 739-5354

Palm Beach Motoring Accessories, Inc., Stuart, FL 800 869-3011

Autoway Honda, Clearwater, FL 727 530-1173

Atlanta Detail Supply, Cumming, GA 404-787-3816

Davis & Sons Oil Co., Inc., Fairfield, IL 618-842-9151

Carwash Services, Inc. Romeoville, IL 630 771-0735

Sparkle Auto, Garden City, KS 620 272-9559

Kratz Auto Supplies, Jessup, MD 301 953-1131

Pal Automotive Specialties, Inc. Piscataway, NJ 732 985-1716

Tri County Supply Rockaway, NJ 973 625-7708

Clean Solutions LLC, Las Vega, NJ 702 982-7777

Complete Auto Reconditioning Supply, Uniontown, OH 330 730-7630

Performance Warehouse Company, Hillsboro, OR 503 417-5302

Lynn Palmers Dealers Goodies, Manheim, PA 717 665-6510

Carwash and Detail Distributors, San Juan, PR 787-751-3961

Wash Solutions, Dallas,TX 214 357-6262

E & M Paint, Harrisonburg, Va 540 433-2471

Mike Pennington
      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
      Meguiar's, Inc.
      800-854-8073
      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Golly, I'm glad I recently purchased a gallon of the stuff. It should last me a long time.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks Mike..... Now I'm thinking I remember you or someone posting that before, but who knows I'm getting old and forgetful.

Thanks to you too Murr........

Comment

This seems to be one of the more confusing products in Meguiars line, it was here then gone and now back again and i will say it works great!!
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I say we call the new stuff APC++!
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
                Let me see if I can clear this up a bit....

The original APC+ was discontinued, but we brought it back for the Detail Industry. This means it is only available through Focused Distribution. We do not even sell it through MeguiarsDirect.com
                Now I'm confused.
                When you refer to the "original" APC+ are you talking about the D-12 All Purpose Cleaner Plus from 5 or 6 years back that was somewhat blue in color or the All Purpose Cleaner Plus that was somewhat orange in color?

I was under the impression that the All Purpose Cleaner Plus from several years back, (blue), was replaced by today's All Purpose Cleaner.
                Charles
                The Rainmaker

Comment

There was a time when APC+ was not on the market
                  Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                    There was a time when APC+ was not on the market
                    You are right, but the D-12 All Purpose Cleaner Plus and D-11 All Purpose Cleaner were both taken off the market several years back.
                    As I remember it, the D-12 was then replace by D-10 and while it was very similar to the D-12, it was just referred to as All Purpose Cleaner. The "Plus was dropped from the name.
                    I think the later version called All Purpose Cleaner Plus was intended for professional use and one of the differences was that it was low or non foaming. Evidently extractors worked better with the low foaming solution it produced.
                    I'm not sure how long it was in Meguiar's regular distribution system. Maybe it never was.
                    The older D-12 and the current D-10 have been my go to cleaners for several years. I have tried several others that get a lot of hype occasionally, but I always seem to come back to the present D-10 All Purpose Cleaner.
                    At 10:1 dilution, it does everything I need an APC to do. Including carpet and upholstery.
                    Charles
                    The Rainmaker

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesW View Post
                      You are right, but the D-12 All Purpose Cleaner Plus and D-11 All Purpose Cleaner were both taken off the market several years back.
                      As I remember it, the D-12 was then replace by D-10 and while it was very similar to the D-12, it was just referred to as All Purpose Cleaner. The "Plus was dropped from the name.
                      I think the later version called All Purpose Cleaner Plus was intended for professional use and one of the differences was that it was low or non foaming. Evidently extractors worked better with the low foaming solution it produced.
                      I'm not sure how long it was in Meguiar's regular distribution system. Maybe it never was.
                      The older D-12 and the current D-10 have been my go to cleaners for several years. I have tried several others that get a lot of hype occasionally, but I always seem to come back to the present D-10 All Purpose Cleaner.
                      At 10:1 dilution, it does everything I need an APC to do. Including carpet and upholstery.
                      OK, now I am confused!?!? Seems there has been some type of change in the APC and APC+ products over the years and the naming has not given any help in keeping everything straight.
                      Brandon

Comment

Need Mike & Ike and some old product photos...
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Actually the changes over the years aren't all that important to us today. They are history and might be interesting, but like I said, not that important.
                          If you go to the ADS site, you can find information about today's products. They are the ones we can buy and use now.

All Purpose Cleaner

All Purpose Cleaner Plus

While I'm not a Meguiar's expert, I have been using their products a loooong time. If you really want to know more about the "old" APC and APC+, I could supply more information but it really isn't of any value in choosing today's products.

Just read the ADS information, buy one or both, mix them at 10:1 and clean away. You will not be disappointed.
                          Charles
                          The Rainmaker

Comment

Very true Charles... what really matters is the product you are using today.
                            Brandon

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');