• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105 or what to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M105 or what to use?

I have a dash on my 37 ford I have hand wet sanded with 2000, then 2500, then 3000. It looks very good and ready for polish, no orange peel or any other nibs, all gone, it darn-neer shines> What Next?
    Thanks
    JWA

Re: M105 or what to use?

I believe you can use M105.
    What machine and pad are you using?
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

You might consider rubbing the dash out by hand to avoid getting any splatter on any adjacent areas if you buff by machine. It's not too large an area so it won't be so bad on your arm... finishing with #3000 should make working them out fairly easy.

Depending upon your skill level and how much room you have to work with you might be able to get in there and buff at least portions of the dash by machine.

If the steering wheel is connected you won't be able to get most tools behind the steering wheel unless it's one of these or something similar...

Metabo Disc Sander SXE 400
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I plan on using the G110 and in some areas by hand, the dash is out of the car so access is not a problem.

What pad/pads would be appropriate for the G110? Also what pad would I use by hand?

Thanks for the reply
        JWA

Comment

If I remember correctly, if the windshield is still out of the car, then it is perfectly accessible by machine. The Metabo that Mike posted up is an awesome machine, and well worth the $100! You'll find yourself using it in many many different places.
          2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
          2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
          2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
          2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

UGH! I need to pay attention

Since the dash is still out of the car, try the G110 with a maroon foam pad and the M105. If that doesn't work, you'll need to move on to rotary.

Just a tip, and Meguiar's doesn't recommend this.....Try cutting one of your pads down to a smaller diameter, about the same diameter as the backing plate on your G110. This will help when doing smaller areas like a dash. Also, the Metabo is a very wise investment! I never knew how much I was overworking myself on a detail until I picked up one of these Metabo's. Makes the job so much easier to complete!
            2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
            2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
            2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
            2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Just to add to what Nick wrote, when working by hand, stock up on plenty of these so you always have plenty for the job.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');