• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirl remover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirl remover

How do these products differ:

Scratch X 2.0
    #9 Swirl Remover
    #82 Swirl Remover

Re: Swirl remover

#9 and #82 are diminishing abrasive cleaner/polishes. They are the two mildest cleaner/polishes in Meguiar's professional line. They are approved for hand, D/A, and rotary application. Check out this thread for further information.

ScratchX 2.0 is a cleaner/polish designed for spot scratch removal. It is based on Megs' super micro-abrasive technology. It is more abrasive than both #9 or #82. It is approved for hand and D/A application.

I presume you have already read it, but in case you have not, do read through: Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle.

You may find of interest this very non-official brief description of some of Meguiar's polishes: The Skinny on Meguiar's D/A Polishes.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

All three of the products you listed are very light or gentle swirl and scratch removers, in fact they're some of our most gentle defect removers.

Clear coat paints scratch easily yet removing swirls and scratches is usually more on the difficult side versus the easy side and it's not a quick process to de-swirl an entire car from start to finish. Add to that if you don't wash the car yourself carefully after your detailing session the swirls are just going to show up again. You defiantly can't take your car to a car wash and expect the finish to stay show room new.

We've introduced some new products that work faster and easier but again, you'll still have to take care of the paint afterwards to maintain a swirl free finish.

Check these out,

Swirl and Scratch Removers
      Ultimate Compound
      ScratchX 2.0
      SwirlX

Most aggressive to least aggressive -->

What are you working on?
      What is your car care goals?
      Is this a daily driver?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Im going to be working on a 99 black BMW that has not been taken care of. Scratch marks on the trunk that looks as though the vac hose at a car wash has been drug over it. Paint is in bad shape, but I don't think wet sanding is in order. I have a P C 7424 that I use on all of the garage queens. This is my first challenge.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');