• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring time and out of the loop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring time and out of the loop!

Well, it's been a long winter with no details to do as I dont have a garage to do my work. Spring is right around the corner and I haven't been on here as much as I should have to keep myself up to date with the new products that have been released. So, now I have to play catch up but I still have time to do so.

I see there are some great produces out and thats very exciting to hear. I do have a few questions that I do need answered.

1. I do need some input on products for carpet cleaning. I last used APC(orange color) Is that still the best to use?

2. D151 Is it a good all in one cleaner and polish? What else can be used on top of it?

3. What other paint cleaners can be used other than the DC paint cleaner?

4. what is the stance on the W7207. Can they be used with the g110 and certain products or not.

Those are the few that I can think of at the moment. I shouldnt have let myself slip on the products here and now I'm kicking myself in the butt. I cant wait to get out and start detailing again. I look forward to this site becoming a huge part of my day again.
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Re: Spring time and out of the loop!

I prefer APC+ when it comes to the interior just because it doesn't foam like the regular does. Just personal preference I guess.

As for the pad read this

It said its for rotaries but its been used with DAs as well, just keep it under 5.0 but then again you are risking hazing micro marring etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by thoryamaha919 View Post

1. I do need some input on products for carpet cleaning. I last used APC(orange color) Is that still the best to use?
      Go for the APC+ it's more specific for carpet cleaning and fabrics.

2. D151 Is it a good all in one cleaner and polish? What else can be used on top of it?
      D151 is not a cleaner/polish it's a cleaner/wax, it cleans, polishes and waxes in one step. You do not need to top it but you can if you want and you can use any finishing wax over the top of it.

3. What other paint cleaners can be used other than the DC paint cleaner?
      Any of these,
      Click on the images to go to their dedicated threads...

Swirl and Scratch Removers
      Ultimate Compound
      ScratchX 2.0
      SwirlX

Most aggressive to least aggressive -->

M205 Ultra Finishing Polish & **NEW** M105 Ultra Cut Compound now for DA Polishers!
      M205 Ultra Finishing Polish
      M105 Ultra-Cut Compound - New Formula DA Polisher Approved

4. what is the stance on the W7207. Can they be used with the G110 and certain products or not.
      We don't recommend using it with DA Polishers as it's too aggressive and may haze the paint. If you're an experienced detailer and don't mind doing a second step then if you do use it and if it does haze the paint just do a second polishing step with a less aggressive pad and cleaner/polish.

Be sure to read all about it here,

Washable 7" Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Pads
      W7207 Washable Foam Cutting Pad
      W8207 - Washable Foam Polishing Pad
      W9207 - Washable Foam Finishing Pad

Those are the few that I can think of at the moment. I shouldn't have let myself slip on the products here and now I'm kicking myself in the butt. I cant wait to get out and start detailing again. I look forward to this site becoming a huge part of my day again.
      Check out all the new products here,

Click here to see the entire list of new and improved products for 2009!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey Mike thanks for taking the time to post! Also thanks for the correction about D151. Though I should have known better I should have read more carefully before I had posted, oh well.

I do have a question about the New formula for the 105. I have the container of the stuff from last year. How does the newer stuff differ other than it can be used with the DA? Also, what pad and speed setting do you suggest?

Is there any professional line of the swirlx or the Ultimate Compound? Or are those just like the swirl remover M09 and maybe something like M80 speed glaze but a little less abrasive?

Finally, How does SwirlX and Ultimate Compound compare to the M09 and M80?

Thanks again and I hope I'm not throwing too many questions your way.
        Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan

Comment

Well, I know #105 and UC are similar, if that gives a referernce point, and both are much stronger than #9/#80.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I do have a question about the New formula for the 105. I have the container of the stuff from last year. How does the newer stuff differ other than it can be used with the DA? Also, what pad and speed setting do you suggest?
            Here's the thread for this new product, more discussion in the actual thread, this is just the first post to start the thread.

M105 Ultra-Cut Compound - New Formula DA Polisher Approved

Features:
            • Ultra-fast cutting removes 1200 grit or finer sanding marks
            • Super-micro abrasives leave best in class finish
            • Great for removing scratches, defects, acid rain and severe swirls/holograms
            • PAINTABLE: Safe for use in the paint shop environment
            • Safe, Crystalline Silica Free Formula
            • Environmentally responsible, VOC compliant formula
            • For use with a rotary buffer, hand and now with a DA Polisher!
            MSRP
            M10532 $32.00
            M10501 $99.00

Is there any professional line of the SwirlX or the Ultimate Compound? Or are those just like the swirl remover M09 and maybe something like M80 speed glaze but a little less abrasive?
            M205 is a follow-up polish to M105, it's not the same product as SwirlX as that questions has already come up multiple times and the answer is, it's not the same product.

Here's the two threads that should provide plenty of information... both SwirlX and M205 use SMAT not DAT so they work very, very, very differently and most people would say they work much better... definitely some new technology/products to give a try...

Here's the thread for this new product, more discussion in the actual thread, this is just the first post to start the thread.

Aggressiveness Order for New Consumer Products - This will surprise you!

Since we introduced these 3 new swirl and scratch removers in our Consumer Line and our new M205 Ultra Finishing Polish in our Professional line, many people have asked how aggressive these new products are as compared to some of our existing products that our forum members are already familiar with to help them understand the cleaning and/or abrading ability of these new products I've listed them in order of most aggressive to least aggressive reading from left to right.

(Apologies ahead of time if you have to horizontal scroll)

Most aggressive to least aggressive -->

That would be from most to least aggressive,
            • M105 Ultra Cut Compound
            • Ultimate Compound
            • ScratchX 2.0
            • SwirlX
            • M83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish
            • M205 Ultra Finishing Polish - M80 Speed Glaze (Different types of abrasives but close in cut ability)
            • ScratchX (Current Version being discontinued)

NOTE: M205 is specifically formulated and intended to be used with a rotary buffer on fresh paint after the initial cut is made using M105 Ultra Cut Compound. When M105 is used correctly, they may only be some fine swirls left in the paint and this is what M205 is designed to remove. This is our new M105/M205 Tag Team primarily targeted at body shops where technicians are sanding and buffing fresh paint. Of course we know the detailing industry as well as the enthusiast segment of the car hobby will also use these products so we just want to set the record straight as to what these two products are intended to do and who they are primarily target towards.

After seeing these products in this order some of you will want to know how some of these products can be more aggressive than our M83 DACP and yet still finish out like a fine finishing polish and the answer lies with our new super micro abrasive technology.

Please remember that this is a relative comparison assuming all other factors are the same, for example if all products were applied with the same machine, same speed setting, same downward pressure, same buffing cycle, (length of time product is buffed), same paint panel, same temperature, etc.

Product aggressiveness is just one factor that will affect how aggressive your defect removal process will be as all the above listed factors can and will change the aggressiveness of any product and thus your results.

The next question someone is going to ask is where our other Pro products like M95, M86, M85, M84, M01, M02, M04, M80, M82, M09, M66, D151 will fit into the order of aggressiveness and we're not going post a scale like that because it's just too much like comparing apples to oranges.

While some of you reading this understand Meguiar's has been primarily a supplier to the body shop industry since 1901 and we didn't start making car wax and car wash type product for "enthusiasts/car owners" until starting in 1973, many people that discover our forum don't know this and have know knowledge of the different needs a body shop will have for a product to work on paint sprayed within a day or two versus what Joe Consumer wants and needs to work on his factory baked-on paint in his garage.

The above scale should be more than enough to help you understand the abilities of these products but at the end of the day the best thing to do is to wait till these products become available and then start using them yourself and dial in your own product recipe for the car's you're working on and maintaining.

Thanks for understanding...

M205 Ultra Finishing Polish
            • Advanced technology produces a deep gloss and rich, swirl-free results
            • Uses Meguiar's Super Micro Abrasive Technology
            • For use after M105 Ultra-Cut Compound and all other Meguiar's Compounds
            • Permanently removes swirls and light defects from all paints
            • Produces rich, deep reflections
            • Smooth buffing feel with easy wipe off and fast clean up
            • Non-gumming formula, performs well with any Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Pads
            • PAINTABLE: Safe for use in the paint shop environment
            • Safe, Crystalline Silica Free Formula
            • Environmentally responsible, VOC compliant formula
            • For use with Rotary Buffer, DA Polisher, Orbital Buffer and by Hand
            M205 Professional Ultra Finishing Polish
            MSRP
            $111.10 - Gallon
            $37.10 - 32 oz.

Close-ups of the front and back labels, in order to make the back label more easy to read the text portion has been cropped out of the rest of the label.

Front Label

Back Label

Finally, How does SwirlX and Ultimate Compound compare to the M09 and M80?
            Completely different animals. UC is a true compound, a zillion times more aggressive than any of our cleaner/polishes.

SwirlX would compare to M09 because they are both cleaner/polishes, they use different abrasive technology, see the first post from the thread below,

What's the difference between Meguiar's Super Micro Abrasive technology and Meguiar's Diminishing Abrasive technology?

Originally posted by michaeld0983 View Post
            Hello guys,
            Can you tell me the differences between super micro abrasive that we found in M105 and the diminishing abrasive?
            Thanks
            Meguiar's Diminishing Abrasive(s) - Abrasive(s) that actually break down as you use them. For example, they may start out a certain size or shape, and during the buffing cycle, they will actually breakdown to nothing, so there are only polishing oils working for you. We pioneered and have been utilizing this technology for about 75 years in many of our compounds, cleaners, cleaner/polishes, and cleaner/waxes.

Meguiar's Super Micro Abrasive(s) - With technology comes advancements. We simply developed a new style / mix of abrasive(s) we refer to as “Super Micro Abrasive Technology”. We can say, this new "style" of abrasives are very small and do not "breakdown" like OUR diminishing abrasive technology does. This new abrasive technology is exclusive to Meguiar’s and is not available to any other company.

With that said, unfortunately, we can’t go into any further details on either type of abrasive(s) because that is proprietary information.

-Mike Pennington

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That should help a little...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

WOW plenty of quality info there thanks alot for all the info Mike.
              Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan

Comment

Looks like Mike already took care of you
                Matt

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');