• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

applying a paint cleaner followed by a polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying a paint cleaner followed by a polish

i have meguiars three step system which includes the cleaner wax 1#, the polish 2# and followed by a wax, NXT. Question, how do i apply the paint cleaner effectively, small area applied, rub it in untill it brakes down but remains wet then wipe off before it dries or do i rub it in and let it dry then remove it , same for the polish what is the correct application and removeal for this product as well

Re: applying a paint cleaner followed by a polish

You'll want to work both of those products into a 12" by 12" area, working the products into the area for about a minute in order to break down. Use a very little bit for each area, and when the product gets close to being transparent on the paint you can wipe off the excess. Don't let either of these products dry. Meguiar's rule of thumb is that the only products of theirs that need to dry are waxes. Hope this helps!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by nicepackage View Post

Question, how do i apply the paint cleaner effectively, small area applied, rub it in until it brakes down but remains wet then wipe off before it dries or do i rub it in and let it dry then remove it ,

same for the polish what is the correct application and removal for this product as well
      After washing and drying or wiping the car clean, you would apply the paint cleaner to small sections at a time and work the product with firm, even pressure for about a minute and then wipe the residue off.

If you apply the paint cleaner correctly, then applying a polish and wax will be easy because you're no longer trying to work defects out of the paint, (that was done with the paint cleaner), so now you're just trying to spread the product out evenly, lightly work it in and over the paint and then move on to a new section.

The polish, like a paint cleaner should not be allowed to dry as there's no benefit to letting it dry and most the time this will just make removal more difficult.

So as you apply and work the paint cleaner and the polish immediately remove them with a clean, soft microfiber polishing cloth.

Now waxes are a different type of animal, when it comes to a wax or paint sealant, you want to apply a thin coat, allow it to fully dry and then after it's dried and passed the Swipe Test, wipe it off using a clean, plush microfiber polishing cloth.

After all this, stand back and admire the resuls...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Check out these related threads,

Which products need to dry before removing?

How to use ScratchX by hand to remove swirls, scratches and water spot etchings

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

The Swipe Test

Final Wiping Techniques

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');