• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Polisher??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Polisher??

Hello all i am new here and i need some answers. I am no professional i just detail my dads cars and my own. I believe it's time for me to purchase a polisher. I have read some posts on Orbital polishers, and dual action polishers and i am still not sure. Can someone help me choose a decent polisher for a begginner? i believe most recommend a dual action because it's geared more toward begginners. And i want to spend around 100$ any suggestions?

thanks in advance.
    "Learning Everyday To Spend More Money"

PC 7424,
    #6 #9 #7

Re: What Polisher??

Meguiar's G110! The best deal I've seen for it is on Auto Detailing Solutions.

Comment

I agree. Meguiars customer service is awesome (from what I've read on here) if you would have any problems with the machine. ADS also has a kit that would have everything you need to start with.

Comment

G110 is a bit more than $100 but worth the investment.

More power than a PC, less than a Flex (but much cheaper than the Flex). I have one and it is easily the BEST detailing purchase I have ever made.

Here is a nice starting kit from ADS. http://autodetailingsolutions.net/g110-kit-1.html
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

You can find the G110 on Amazon right now for $120. That price includes the free shipping.

I just checked and they have 4 left a that price.

Mike
          Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
            You can find the G110 on Amazon right now for $120. That price includes the free shipping.

I just checked and they have 4 left a that price.

Mike
            They appear out of it now. 3-4 weeks for Amazon direct pricing.

I would also recommend the Flex. It has more power, which can't be a bad thing IMHO.

Comment

Get the Meguiar's Dual Action Polish--G110. It's amazing and you can get a nice bundle on www.autodetailingsolutions.com for about 150!
              Matt

Comment

Make sure to also check out this thread: Machine Photos - DA Polishers - Rotary Buffers - Traditional Orbital Buffers

Comment

Get the G110. In the long run you will be glad you did. Do a couple of details other then your Dad and you and the G110 is more then paid for.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks for all you advice, i think im gonna get the g110.
                    Whats a good polish to use?

PC 7424,
                    #6 #9 #7

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyCorbo View Post
                      Thanks for all you advice, i think im gonna get the g110.
                      Whats a good polish to use?

M105 and M205 using Soft Buff 2.0 Polishing Pads
                      Then Wax with NXT 2.0 with a Finishing Pad

You can also get the Power Kit from Meg's Direct.

That is what I did: The Power Kit Click Here
                      Matt

Comment

Tony, be sure to count the cost before buying your polisher, as you will also need to get several pads and a couple of polishes, as well as microfiber towels, etc. At minimum you can anticipate spending between $200-$250. But there is no question that the dual-action polisher is the way for you to go, if you can afford it. Don't waste your money on an ordinary orbital: they are only good for applying and removing waxes.

Regarding polishes, check out this brief article: The Skinny on Meguiar's D/A Polishes. Personally, if I were you, I would get M205 (you can get a sampler at ADS) and either Ultimate Compound or M105 (sampler at ADS); but take my suggestion with a grain of salt. Others will have much better advice to offer.

Cheers,
                        Al
                        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                        --Al Kimel

Comment

I have a Porter Cable 7424 with pads listed in the for sale section if you are interested.
                          AeroCleanse, LLC
                          Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                            Tony, be sure to count the cost before buying your polisher, as you will also need to get several pads and a couple of polishes, as well as microfiber towels, etc. At minimum you can anticipate spending between $200-$250. But there is no question that the dual-action polisher is the way for you to go, if you can afford it. Don't waste your money on an ordinary orbital: they are only good for applying and removing waxes.

Regarding polishes, check out this brief article: The Skinny on Meguiar's D/A Polishes. Personally, if I were you, I would get M205 (you can get a sampler at ADS) and either Ultimate Compound or M105 (sampler at ADS); but take my suggestion with a grain of salt. Others will have much better advice to offer.

Cheers,
                            Al
                            Thanks for all your suggestions i appreciate your help.
                            Regarding the pads are there actual names for them like Soft pad instead of a code becasue none of the codes that i see match up to the canadian site for meguiars.
                            If you can help me to understand the codes or if anyone can just write the name that would be greately appreciated.

Thanks in advance

PC 7424,
                            #6 #9 #7

Comment

Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Polishing Pad
                              Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Finishing Pad
                              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                              --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');